Join Last Sparrow Tattoo Forum Today
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast

Thread: What music do you work to? Also, What is appropriate from a business standpoint?

Kev
    Champion Contest Winner
    Blog Entries
    Images

Re: What music do you work to? Also, What is appropriate from a business standpoint

Let's see- I've been tattooed to psychobilly, Bill Hicks (which is tough when you want to laugh), Love and Rockets, doom metal, and Wutang. Personally, I love all of it and each time it has put me in a different state of mind. My fiance' who likes to sit with me may not agree, but I like to get deep, meditative. When I get my back done, I want some "A Man Called Horse" shit going:
    Likes kylegrey liked this.

Images

Re: What music do you work to? Also, What is appropriate from a business standpoint

We used to listen to a lot of rocksteady and reggae Jimmy Cliff, Derrick Morgan, Toots and the Maytals, then it was like Buzzcocks, Sham 69, Cocksparrer, Uk Subs, Last Resort, then it was Neil Young, now it's the Animals, The Zombies, and The Sorrows.
    Likes BSAjunkie, bongsau liked this.

Ex-Lurker

we have a two story shop so somedays it's venom,exodus and all sorts of metal downstairs. then the complete opposite upstairs like the ethiopians,desmond dekker,trojan records comps etc. or mellow stuff like red sparowes. mid day mixed in 77 punk style stuff like the vicious,mass hysteri,marked men.

Im in the shop 2 hours before we open so I rock alot of the gories,the mummies,sonics or vintage country- bob wills,left frizell,wanda jackson,brenda lee etc.
    Likes Kev liked this.

Kev
    Champion Contest Winner
    Blog Entries
    Images

Your name intrigues me, BSAjunkie; post some bike pics in the "Motorcycle Thread"

Images

I know this thread has been going on for awhile, but I'm new here, and wanted to share my experience. If I'm out of line feel free to call me an asshole. I'm not a tattoo artist, but a tattoo receiver or some are using the term "collector" these days. I was a bit of a hippie when I started getting tattooed, and the shop I went to played a mix of things, but more metal/punk than anything else. It was usually loud and vulgar, and not something I was very used to. It was a place I really wanted to fit in though so I dealt with it and it grew on me. That has been about a decade ago, and I still listen to a lot of metal and punk. To me it seemed like one of those rights of passage, classic tattoo shop things. All the guys there were always totally cool and welcoming, but it was very clear that this was their world you were being allowed in to and if you didn't like it you were free to go somewhere else.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by posterboy7596 View Post
    I know this thread has been going on for awhile, but I'm new here, and wanted to share my experience. If I'm out of line feel free to call me an asshole. I'm not a tattoo artist, but a tattoo receiver or some are using the term "collector" these days. I was a bit of a hippie when I started getting tattooed, and the shop I went to played a mix of things, but more metal/punk than anything else. It was usually loud and vulgar, and not something I was very used to. It was a place I really wanted to fit in though so I dealt with it and it grew on me. That has been about a decade ago, and I still listen to a lot of metal and punk. To me it seemed like one of those rights of passage, classic tattoo shop things. All the guys there were always totally cool and welcoming, but it was very clear that this was their world you were being allowed in to and if you didn't like it you were free to go somewhere else.
    I have witnessed a few people try to make requests about what music we listen to. My boss tell them, "the music is for me, not for you. I'm the one working after all." It cracks me up every time, but people don't question it, because they like his grumpy old tattooer persona.
    Likes hogg, pixxillatted liked this.

Ex-Lurker

latley we got a few people that busted out thier phones,turned them up and tried to drown out our stereo with wannabe gangsta crap..wtf.

Kev
    Champion Contest Winner
    Blog Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by BSAjunkie View Post
    latley we got a few people that busted out thier phones,turned them up and tried to drown out our stereo with wannabe gangsta crap..wtf.
    Whoa-I encounter those people on the street and at the grocery story all the time. I assume they're the same people who blast shit out of the POS factory 6x9 set-ups in their cars all treblely and annoying.
    Likes David Flores liked this.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by BSAjunkie View Post
    we've had a couple do that. It usually results in our system being turned way up till they get the hint.

Images

we have 4 people at the shop, and the play list depends on who got to the ipod first. It can be any where from Sinatra and Bing, to hardcore rap (very not PG), to old school rock, to techno/trip hop/dup step. Of all of these it's the dub step that kills me. One song is bearable, but hours of it makes my wanna put my head through the window.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast

Support LST!