Join Last Sparrow Tattoo Forum Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Thread: the glamorous life

Regular

Re: the glamorous life

I dont think I'd be bothered so much by someone who is overweight as much as someone who smelled bad, which I am sure is an issue. I mean, as long as the nice young lady in the picture above has recently showered, it doesnt seem so bad. Otherwise, it could be excruciating.

I dont think I am buying the masturbating thing either. Seems to me it would make you move too much and result in a shaky tattoo. Fun story though.

Hero
    Images

yeah it seems a little ridiculous to me too.
    and you're right, smelly people are the worst

Hero Site Supporter
    Contest Winner

Blog Entries
    Images

I heart smelly people
    I feel I have better tattoos than I deserve.
    Thanks everybody

Ex-Lurker

Me and my fiance are both big people but I guess us "fatties" keep you in buisness huh?

Images

'Beauty is bought by judgement of the eye'- Shakespeare
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.'- Miss Piggy
    'Long, short, thin, heavy, 12 fingers, 3 legs, rough or smooth, I shall drink it all and belch what I don't desire till my lifes experience end.'- Hawk
    BigAl my friend, we here on the LST are the people bred out of the uncommon perception of what is beauty and beautify ourselves and others in some cases to balance any of our personal short comings. That Lady in the posted pic appears a very happy and a beautiful person full of life, that is what my eye beholds and I'm certain the thread was never intended to insult and if this is anybody's perception then let me be the first to apologize.

Hero
    Images

hey Big Al I just want to mention I in no way meant to let anyone think I have a problem with overweight people or anything like that.

Images

Now I've never had an interest to be a Tattoo Artist. I like art and used to draw a lot but was never interested in tattooing. I have a lot of non-tattooed friends though and one night over dinner they asked why I never became a Tattooist. Rather than get into a long winded discussion I didn't really care to get into my response was, "Asses!!! I don't want to spend time hovering over and poking a smelly naked guy in the ass! No smelly asses! Can't do it!".

That photo starting the post is the epitome of that idea. Ha ha!

Images

hawk pretty much took the words right out of my mouth, but i'd be remiss not to reiterate that my post was never intended as a dig toward any particular body type.
    i would've posted if it had been a bald skinny chick from Baytown, a hirsute Armenian bodybuilder, or a Hindu dwarf.
    the salient point being that despite the sanitized and glamorized tattooer-rock star image perpetuated in reality programming, for me the reality of a good bit of this profession is being elbow-deep in some stranger's ass meat while my friends are at the bar.
    (which, by the way, is fine by me.)
    Likes David Flores, Ursula, Johnny liked this.

Images

real "in the trenches" tattooing, that's what it's about. you never know what's going to come through the door, awesome. for smelly people, they either get an accidental splash of green soap in the neighboring area that is causing the odor or if thats not possible a little swipe of dettol across my mustache before the tattoo does the trick.
    Likes amoxill, Ursula, Duffa liked this.

Images

I like that picture...you are both laughing. It looks like a fun time. Its one of my favorite things about getting tattooed...that really unhibited feeling at the shop, off color jokes, pretty much nothings off limits to laugh and joke about...everyone's pretty equal with their ass hanging out getting tattooed at the shop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast