Join Last Sparrow Tattoo Forum Today
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast

Thread: Least painful spot for a tattoo

Ex Mod
    Blog Entries

Least painful spot for a tattoo

Is this possible? I mean you feel every tattoo in some way or another from like a paper cut to like a being stabbed to like someone kicking you to ??? But bottom line some spots hurt less than others and for those looking for the least painful spots where would that most likely be and why?

i tattoo in spokane washington..opening my own shop called BOAR'S HEAD TATTOO PARLOR on Nov. 1st
    Images

Re: Least painful spot for a tattoo

i think the shamrock by my eye was one of my least painful ones..

Regular Site Supporter
    Contest Winner
    Blog Entries
    Images

hmm.... i think outer forearm was pretty pleasant, chad koeplinger did that one, same with my knees. they were ok, some nasty bits like with everything else but fairly ok. front and side of thighs are always a nice easy spot, ive not got the back of them done yet so not excited about that recounting my customers reactions but its all gotta get done at some point!
    kinda sad my lower legs are complete i thought that was always an easy area to get done.
    Likes Deb Yarian liked this.

Blog Entries
    Images

The outer forearm, the top of the thigh, and the outside of the thigh have been the easiest spots for me so far.

I was getting my ribs tattooed a couple of years ago, and the girl at the booth next to where I was asked her tattooer about the least painful spot for a tattoo was and his very deadpan response was "On someone else."
    Likes andrea liked this.

"You were alone at the time and the time now is always. Always was a word used in promises. It is valueless."

Images

upper arm/deltoid was a breeze...

Images

behind my ear was nothin.
    xjamestravisx.wordpress.com
    Traveling Tattooer.

Images

Hate to say it, but the face was cake.

Blog Entries

Everyone's different. And it's got nothing to do with toughness. Where your nerve endings are most sensitive is where you're going to feel it most. Other things to take into account are how you are feeling that day. If your body is putting up with anything else, that is energy it doesn't have to dedicate to putting up with the tattoo process. Things like being hungover, having slept bad the night before, no food in your system, being sick or fighting off a cold, other infections.... These are all things that can make it feel worse. Not to mention how the tattooer tattoos, and weather or not you even feel like getting tattooed that day.

People talk about the ribs being crazy painful, but I have this group of tiny college soccer team girls that get rib shit. All big, script, pictures,... You name it. They have no problems at all. Soccer girls and snipers are the best for that shit. People who can accomplish a goal under duress make the best clients. They are able to not even see it as discomfort.

BUT I also tattoo big burly dudes who get all stressed and titchy over outer arm tattoos. You can see them just in agony. It's all different.

I was told that the inner bicep was hell. That's why everyone in the 90's who was getting tribal armbands would leave that are blank and have it not connect. I waited forever to do that spot. Come to find out it was the easiest shit for me to deal with. Possibly one of the two tattoos I could have fallen asleep getting.
    My legs on the other hand? FUck. In normal places on my leg where normal ass people get normal ass butterflies and shit... FUCK shit is ridiculous. Hurts my soul. Getting my ankes tattooed makes me feel like a girl broke up with me in 8th grade.
    Likes andrea, Myles liked this.

Ron Henry Wells
    http://laughinghyena.wordpress.com

Images

I feel ya man. Legs are just another world of pain for me.
    xjamestravisx.wordpress.com
    Traveling Tattooer.

Regular Contest Winner Dean Schubert's Avatar
    Blog Entries

top of the arm feels like a massage

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast

Support LST!