Join Last Sparrow Tattoo Forum Today
Page 241 of 639 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241 242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 6381
Like Tree31047Likes

Thread: Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Images

Re: Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Quote Originally Posted by thebadnewshughes View Post

Tim Strating @ Anthem in Gainesville FL made this cool little seasonal dude on the inside of my upper right arm Friday.
    I think this is (finally) LST's 1st Halloween tattoo shown in 2012. With just 10 days left - we need some more!!!

Champion Site Supporter
    Contest Winner
    Blog Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by hogg View Post
    @mattmcclaintattoo, thank you so much for your posts! That front piece is too damn tough--I love it already. And that Eric Inksmith story and tattoo are so, so cool. Awesome stuff!

- - - Updated - - -

I love that! Please tell us more about the hand tool technique. Is it different from Japanese tebori? I bet it hurt less than a machine (I thought tebori did). How long did it take?
    I've never been tattooed with a tebori but the technique seems to differ in that the tebori is longer and is applied using both hands, the thumb is used to support and direct the business end of the tool. The hand tool that Adam uses is more the size and shape of a pencil and is held in the same way. The needles are the same tattoo needles used in regular tattoo machines.

It hurt less than being tattooed with a machine but by the end it was getting a bit sore. I was supprised how quickly it was done (it's about hand sized, across the wings of the moth). About three and a half hours of tattooing.

One major difference, for a lower leg tattoo, is the absence of any swelling or lower leg pain. Usually I suffer really badly with, post tattoo leg swelling and pain.

Moderator Site Supporter
    Contest Winner
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jade1955 View Post
    I've never been tattooed with a tebori but the technique seems to differ in that the tebori is longer and is applied using both hands, the thumb is used to support and direct the business end of the tool. The hand tool that Adam uses is more the size and shape of a pencil and is held in the same way. The needles are the same tattoo needles used in regular tattoo machines.

It hurt less than being tattooed with a machine but by the end it was getting a bit sore. I was supprised how quickly it was done (it's about hand sized, across the wings of the moth). About three and a half hours of tattooing.

One major difference, for a lower leg tattoo, is the absence of any swelling or lower leg pain. Usually I suffer really badly with, post tattoo leg swelling and pain.
    Awesome! Keep us posted on how the healing process goes. I hope it goes better than with your past (and my most recent) lower leg tattoo.

Images

Got this done by Ashley Love @ Thicker Than Water NYC 2 months ago
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Latest tattoo lowdown.....-30099449230.jpeg  

Ex-Lurker
    Images

Thumbs up Re: Latest tattoo lowdown.....

sorry about the random posts and your welcome to the comments about my tattoo posts im still not used to tagging people, Eric told me a story about mike malone he finished my tattoo, and told me for my help it would be a free tattoo, i tried to tip him, and he told me "i said it was free." he then proceeded to tell me to never double cross a tattooer he said "i told you it would be free and thats what it is, mike malone told me a story about a tattoo he did at china sea, said he did a panther on a kid and when he turned his back to break his station down the kid fled the shop without paying, he told me that as soon as the kid made it into the street he was hit and killed by a bus, and thats why you never double cross a tattooer." my mouth was dropped by how awesome this story was haha. thanks again for checking out my stuff!
    southern

Hero Site Supporter
    Contest Winner

Blog Entries
    Images

just flew to SF to and saw @Scott Sylvia today for a session on my back. was very fucking cool to say the least. I walked in and within minutes scott,katie,nick and two out of towners were there. I couldnt believe all but nick have been interviewed by scott and all are people I would love to have tattoo me. I liken it to a kid seeing alot of his favorite sports players in one place.
    hogg and SStu like this.
    I feel I have better tattoos than I deserve.
    Thanks everybody

Champion

dude, it's starting to get ridiculous how badly i already want to get tattooed. it's been a month and i'm itchy for another one. not to mention sites like this one don't help in the slightest.

I got this from Tony Hundahl yesterday. His appointment didn't show so he had some time. Drew it on and tattooed it in a couple of hours. It is hard to tell in from the photo, but it is a pretty big tattoo on the lower inside of my thigh.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Latest tattoo lowdown.....-photo-14.jpg  

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R View Post
    just flew to SF to and saw @Scott Sylvia today for a session on my back. was very fucking cool to say the least. I walked in and within minutes scott,katie,nick and two out of towners were there. I couldnt believe all but nick have been interviewed by scott and all are people I would love to have tattoo me. I liken it to a kid seeing alot of his favorite sports players in one place.
    I felt the same way walking in having Tim Lehi, Juan Puente, Dan Gilsdorf, and Nick Rodin right there was pretty intense. Spider Murphy's was the same way with Matt Howse, Theo Mindell, Paul Dobleman and Stuart Cripwell. Honestly I am not a sports guy, but those kind of moments I get the appeal.
    hogg and Jack like this.

Blog Entries

Amazing!!!! What did that take him 15 minutes?

@Avery Taylor
    Jennifer Stell

Support LST!