Join Last Sparrow Tattoo Forum Today
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Conventions.......Just don't seem the same!

Moderator Site Supporter
    Contest Winner
    Blog Entries
    Images

Re: Conventions.......Just don't seem the same!

@Jason Lambert wrote a piece about his views on conventions on his blog today:
    Defying (the) Convention Tattoozen

Contributor Contest Winner Bunny Switchblade's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Iwar View Post
    @Jason Lambert wrote a piece about his views on conventions on his blog today:
    Defying (the) Convention Tattoozen
    I spent a little time with Jason & Cara at the convention and Jason pretty much summed it all up very nicely!
    Iwar likes this.
    I do my best to honor the craft and the people who practice and support it! Love and Respect to you all!
    Bunny Switchblade on Facebook
    If you do request me on Facebook...please tell me you saw me on here if you would!
    I am not really accepting many friend requests anymore!

Contributor Contest Winner Bunny Switchblade's Avatar
    Images

Thanks for posting that @Iwar
    I do my best to honor the craft and the people who practice and support it! Love and Respect to you all!
    Bunny Switchblade on Facebook
    If you do request me on Facebook...please tell me you saw me on here if you would!
    I am not really accepting many friend requests anymore!

Ex-Lurker

I'm pretty bummed about having to pay $40 to get tattooed at Ink N' Iron this year. I went to Ink N' Iron 2009 and I believe paid about half of the current price to get in. I'd love to attend State Of Grace someday..or any other convention put on by artists and not corporations.

Images

Seeing how Taki puts on a convention and then having to deal with some circus sideshow, with the star attraction getting your picture taken by wee man is a tough pill to swallow (Oregon Ink Convention). On the other side of that coin, got a chance to hang out and karaoke/drink way too much with a lot of great tattooers that either are too busy to hang out or are located outside of Portland (convention was 2 hrs south of Portland in Eugene). Also met a really cool collector who made a special point to stop by our booth, because she had some designs tattooed off the shops flash set we sold at State of Grace a few years back. Usually no big deal, but she had just gotten back from SF where she got a huge tiger head on her Stomach by Tim Lehi and was flying out the next week to Phoenix to get some work by Aaron Coleman. It was stuff like that that made you forget you were at a shit show and why I am still checking out conventions to attend.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by InMyHeadAche View Post
    I'm pretty bummed about having to pay $40 to get tattooed at Ink N' Iron this year. I went to Ink N' Iron 2009 and I believe paid about half of the current price to get in. I'd love to attend State Of Grace someday..or any other convention put on by artists and not corporations.
    $40 bucks doesn't sound that bad when you consider all that is going on. I mean last year didn't the Buzzcocks and The Sonics play along with like 20 other bands, this year the lineup is not that stacked but still Suicidal Tendencies, Face to Face and a pretty decent lineup of psychobilly bands. I haven't been, but sounds like a good time to me.

Hero Site Supporter
    Contest Winner

Blog Entries
    Images

I picture SOG to be a bit more mellow than lizard man and annoying MC, never been to a convention but think I am lucky SOG will be my first
    I feel I have better tattoos than I deserve.
    Thanks everybody

Ex-Lurker
    Images

Actually I understand that the State of Grace gig is one of the better ones out there, if I wasnt expecting my first child in october I would definitely be attending!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234