Join Last Sparrow Tattoo Forum Today
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast

Thread: The ole spider webs

Chicago native, now a refugee on the Wis / Ill Stateline
    Images

Re: The ole spider webs

Quote Originally Posted by slayer9019 View Post
    I would think that anyone that would question the spider-web/other prison tattoos would probably realize the difference between jailhouse style and one done by a pro. I've seen a bunch of jailhouse stuff and it has a very particular look to it, especially the ink.
    Very true. If you take a squint at some of the pix I posted from the old Easyriders Tattoo book, you'll see some real nice jailhouse...pretty easy to see the difference.

It's a dead-issue, but to me a guy with webs or walls or any of the other tried-and-true prison work, all done outside and looking clean and shiny, is kinda like the hero of the tune "Pretty Fly (for a White guy)" by Offspring. Strictly my personal opinion.
    Likes gougetheeyes, slayer9019 liked this.

Old enough to know better, still young enough to try.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
    If he wasn't fighting a case right now, I'd put up some pics of one of my Brothers work. Castles with turrets for years, webs around his elbows n armpits, walls with searchlights, the whole nine-yards. Boy did ten the hard way in the 'ville here in Illinois. Not a nice place.
    I'd be interested in seeing pictures, if and when that might become possible.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by JAllen View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing pictures, if and when that might become possible.
    Might be awhile-he just copped out to 9-11 years for the Feds. I'll see what old pix I can get.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
    Might be awhile-he just copped out to 9-11 years for the Feds. I'll see what old pix I can get.
    much appreciated, always interested in seeing some work like that. sorry to hear that he's gotta go back in.

Blog Entries

Lyle Tuttle and his spider web elbows and stomach/ribs.
    Likes Lochlan, gougetheeyes, Kev, mtthrmn liked this.

Contributor Contest Winner lving4today's Avatar
    Images

What about webs on knees? Any negative affiliation there?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by gougetheeyes View Post
    Love spider webs on elbows and @bulldog, I'd just go for it. I remember before I got my first tattoo, I wanted two big nautical stars and got put off of em by a coworker who convinced me they were "hardcore" tattoos (he had the Madball ball) and I'd get beat up if anyone saw 'em. Not that I regret NOT getting nautical stars, but in hindsight it seems really stupid to listen to other peoples' little two cents and subcultural suggestions. I also like webs on the knees, but who knows, maybe that means you been spending too much time on your knees giving bjs in prison.
    i will definitely incorparate a spiders web somewhere, they look too cool not to....

Hero Site Supporter
    Contest Winner

Blog Entries
    Images

yeah its hard what to say @gougetheeyes in reality is someone going to come check you because of webs or nautical stars? I have been digging some of the Russian criminal designs. I bet odds are low that someone comes up and asks me what prison camp i was in. I guess I am saying I lean towards getting designs you like. Although it would suck to be in a bad situation because of a tattoo
    Likes Jake Anderson liked this.

Images

The webs on Kyle Tuttle, that type of thing I wouldn't even worry about. It is so obviosuly commercially done, I don't think anyone would say a thing-the style is all wrong. Now, if you went out and got a bunch of single-needle, or even 3-needle web-work, you might raise a few eyebrows.

Nautical stars...they can be tricky too, depending on where you are. In Chicago that shit can be life and death, but it all depends on circumstance. You've got a nice big star on your hand or arm, and someone puts you in check-"what you be about, cuz?" Bangers here ride under either the 5 or the 6-pointed star, and displaying one or the other can cause hostility. Obviously, if it's a nice, pro nautical star, it shouldn't raise an eyebrow, but we aren't talking about the Mensa Society here-all it takes is the wrong shit in a blunt or the glass dick and you may run into a major attitude.

The Rooskie stuff is in a whole nother category. It's straight prison, and no getting around it. 99.999% of the places you could go in the States I'm sure you would have no problem, but man, stay the hell outta Brighton Beach, East Rogers Park, West Hollywood, places like that! I suppose if a real Thief-in-Law saw an obviously Ami guy with camp tattoos, it could go either way-he might get a hella laugh out of it, or if the Stoly is just right, he might get a hella laugh outta splitting your melon. Oh, and don't plan on any vacations outside of the Americas with work like that. Official types in Euorpe nd Asia seem to keep a closer watch on that type of thing.

I was photographed and "inspected" the first time I went into Germany, and also when I went into Thailand..."just making sure there are no criminal markings."
    Likes gougetheeyes liked this.

Images

Webbed elbows rule. My dad has webs on both of his (i'll see if i can try and find a picture somewhere to post). Ryan Bailey used a web to cap off my shoulder when he was tattooing me so I've been thinking of having him do my elbow and the rest of the filler when the time for that comes.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast

Support LST!