Join Last Sparrow Tattoo Forum Today
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: People using stereotypes with Tattoo art.

Images

Re: People using stereotypes with Tattoo art.

Wow...um, did anyone tell the Japanese that Koi symbolize homosexuality?! Maybe that's why there are so many koi back pieces out there. So when...

Sssssigh (eye rolls)...Some people, how do they come up with this kind of stuff?
    hogg and Duffa like this.

Ex-Lurker
    Images

I had a funny one about 5 years ago driving from Dallas to Shreveport. I stop for gas in this hick town, and the lady behind the counter says, "Boy you got some nerve walkin' around like that." She points at the bat tattooed on my throat, "Everyone knows that's some Nazi shit on your neck, and in Texas it's illegal to even have a tattoo on your face or neck. You could be arrested for just standing here with that on your neck."

I explained that I wasn't racist by any means, my tattoo wasn't associated with that, and that I'm a tattoo artist in Texas and know the laws. The very idea was ridiculous. She starts arguing and threatens to call the cops. I just shook my head and left. I was pretty pissed for a few minutes, then I just started laughing. It was so silly. Just pure ignorance, and making up her own ideas of symbolism and laws.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayden View Post
    I had a funny one about 5 years ago driving from Dallas to Shreveport. I stop for gas in this hick town, and the lady behind the counter says, "Boy you got some nerve walkin' around like that." She points at the bat tattooed on my throat, "Everyone knows that's some Nazi shit on your neck, and in Texas it's illegal to even have a tattoo on your face or neck. You could be arrested for just standing here with that on your neck."

I explained that I wasn't racist by any means, my tattoo wasn't associated with that, and that I'm a tattoo artist in Texas and know the laws. The very idea was ridiculous. She starts arguing and threatens to call the cops. I just shook my head and left. I was pretty pissed for a few minutes, then I just started laughing. It was so silly. Just pure ignorance, and making up her own ideas of symbolism and laws.
    What do you have tattooed on your neck if I can ask?
    "The ass tattoo: a deep and searing pain that lasts for days, a memory that lasts a lifetime." - Hogg
    If your new here, READ THIS!
    Is your tattoo infected and aftercare FAQ
    If you have questions please PM a moderator.

Kev
    Champion Contest Winner
    Blog Entries
    Images

I had a guy try to bust my balls and tell me my tattoos were feminine because I had flowers (I do have a lot of flowers). I saw this today on my FB feed and feel it SUPER relevant to this topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Kayden View Post
    I just shook my head and left. I was pretty pissed for a few minutes, then I just started laughing. It was so silly. Just pure ignorance, and making up her own ideas of symbolism and laws.
    Mark Twain - "Never argue with and idiot. They will bring you down to their level and win with experience."
    hogg, Duffa and Zillah like this.

Ex-Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
    Mark Twain - "Never argue with and idiot. They will bring you down to their level and win with experience."
    Along the same lines from Jay-Z - "A wise man told me don't argue with fools, Cause people from a distance can't tell who is who." That line always really resonated with me.
    hogg and slayer9019 like this.

Champion Site Supporter
    Contest Winner
    Images

Sheeeeit, I've got a Koi and a couple of flowers... no wonder I've been so confused lately! Sooooooooo - any gentlemen looking for a good time? I'm a leo, like long walks on the beach and am into flowers and koi
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnPorter View Post
    Duffa to tattooer: Man, you smell like a wallaby just cracked a fat; can you make my tribal more tribal?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Duffa View Post
    Sheeeeit, I've got a Koi and a couple of flowers... no wonder I've been so confused lately! Sooooooooo - any gentlemen looking for a good time? I'm a leo, like long walks on the beach and am into flowers and koi
    LOL

Sorry mate your not my type, i got an eagle tattoo.
    Kev, slayer9019 and Duffa like this.

Champion Site Supporter
    Contest Winner
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    LOL

Sorry mate your not my type, i got an eagle tattoo.
    Can't you look past it? I thought we had something special?

LMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnPorter View Post
    Duffa to tattooer: Man, you smell like a wallaby just cracked a fat; can you make my tribal more tribal?

Kev
    Champion Contest Winner
    Blog Entries
    Images

Duffa- you're looking for the winged dragon type, not the full eagle. Tattoo hanky code 101
    Duffa and Zillah like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast

Support LST!