Join Last Sparrow Tattoo Forum Today
Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever been called a tattoo snob?

Contributor Contest Winner lving4today's Avatar
    Images

Ever been called a tattoo snob?

A friends girlfriend called me cocky about my tattoos recently, and it got me thinking if I was alone in this. I'm not cocky about my own but i just don't prefer shitty tattoos so try to recommend places etc. when I see good tattoos I get excited, that is all. I guess it doesn't help that none of my friends are into tattoos. Sigh.
    Likes pintindola liked this.

Hero Site Supporter CultExciter's Avatar

Re: Ever been called a tattoo snob?

People love to call names when they realizing they know absolutely nothing about the subject. If you were going around and calling other people's tattoos shite to their face (it's probably ok to keep it in your noggin) then you would be a snob. she must've been impressed with your peacocking and was probably bummed your friend (her boyfriend) wasn't.
    Likes lving4today, missStark liked this.

Quote Originally Posted by hogg View Post
    Not to sound like an old guy, but there used to be rules to this shit.

Kev
    Champion Contest Winner
    Blog Entries
    Images

Yes- every time a friend shows me an 'awesome' tattoo and I break down why it's bad, I get called a tattoo snob (not every tattoo they show me is bad, but when I say one is, tattoo snob). I get called tattoo crusader when I rail on about kitchen wizards.

Images

Yea I would never call someone's shit or be outright mean to any person. But if you ask me what's good and I'm honest or I talk about where I'd like to travel to get a new one that's simply because it's what I enjoy. She's also the proud wearer of an upside down tattoo which I did call her out on.

Regular

^ lol
    see stuff upside down or backwards all the time

my friends probably think i'm a tattoo snob
    i'm nice though, keep my mouth shut about it.
    except i'll comment to my lady about 'em...she knows i think the majority of tattoos i see around or on instagram are shitty.
    Likes Kev liked this.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by cookietruck View Post
    ^ lol
    see stuff upside down or backwards all the time

my friends probably think i'm a tattoo snob
    i'm nice though, keep my mouth shut about it.
    except i'll comment to my lady about 'em...she knows i think the majority of tattoos i see around or on instagram are shitty.
    That's how I am too. I tell my fiance about other crappy tattoos.

I'm not the kind of person to put the idea in someone's head that they are stuck with a shitty tattoo for the rest of their life. If they come to that understanding on their own after learning about tattoos, so be it, but I don't want that on my shoulders because it's a dick thing to do.

Though I do get really excited when I see good tattoos in person. They are so rare.
    Likes hogg liked this.

Don't you hate people with standards, always trying to ruin it for the rest of us????

Leave the scratchers alone; coverup artists need work to :-)

Ex-Lurker
    Images

I live in the Santa Monica / Venice area and was recently tattooed for the first time. I guess I never noticed beforehand, but now that I have done research on a fraction of the knowledge that many of you already have, I find myself evaluating everyone's tattoos I see.

For the most part, I'd say 8 out of 10 hipsters I have seen around have absolutely garbage work on them, with bad line work, shading, etc. with 10-20 tiny tattoos spread all around their arms with very little flow to it.

I kind of want to ask them if they really thought having a bag of skittles, a pipe, a mustache, a PBR can, a clothes hanger, a calculator, pocket protector, and 5hour energy tattooed on their arm was a good tattoo theme, but then I realize everytime that I would have to actually talk to a hipster, and then I'd be in jail for my actions after.
    Likes ChrisvK, mmikaoj, McAstronaut liked this.

Images

People who enjoy shitty tattoos, it's usually because they don't know any better, and I leave that be because it will change nothing. However, in my group of friends I try to help them make a good decision, (telling them to stay away from the garbage in this town) but it's a bum feeling when that is perceived as cocky or pretentious. I don't care if you want a giant penis across your chest, at least make sure it's not a wonky penis.

I have a wonky penis fetish.
    Likes gougetheeyes, ChrisvK, Dan S liked this.

Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast

Support LST!