Join Last Sparrow Tattoo Forum Today
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Fraud In Tattooing

Fraud In Tattooing

Saw this article in BME:

BME: Tattoo, Piercing and Body Modification News ModBlog Fraud in Tattooing

I know the whole "color tattoos with no outline" thing has been discussed on the board elsewhere, but I had no idea a healed tattoo could look this bad -- after only four months! Wondering if you guys had any thoughts on the matter.

Images

Re: Fraud In Tattooing

not from an artist but:

maybe some of the shading only got as far as the first layer of skin so it was never really "there". i know my b/w tattoo lighted up a shitton after the first month. went from dark and full of detail to much much lighter with much more whitewashed detail not too long afterwards.
    "The ass tattoo: a deep and searing pain that lasts for days, a memory that lasts a lifetime." - Hogg
    If your new here, READ THIS!
    Is your tattoo infected and aftercare FAQ
    If you have questions please PM a moderator.

Ex-Lurker

yeah i saw this and was soooooooooooooooooooooo glad. i had no idea that this was something to pay attention to, and I have almost 25 tattoos, but mostly black and gray which always heal quite nice. I stopped reading BME because i didnt feel i completely fit in but I love the posts that have been going on there recently.really informative, interesting stuff there right now.

Images

Looking back at this thread, I would say I think the title is a bit off. Maybe something more like "Tattoos changing during healing" or something similar. Also BME is not the greatest source of content for tattoo stuff in my personal opinion.
    hogg and CultExciter like this.
    "The ass tattoo: a deep and searing pain that lasts for days, a memory that lasts a lifetime." - Hogg
    If your new here, READ THIS!
    Is your tattoo infected and aftercare FAQ
    If you have questions please PM a moderator.

Images

I'm not a fan of having an unknown (to me) artist working on me at a convention or anywhwere. At a convention, there is no allegiance to the client like you have when working from a shop.

I don't know how widespread the problem is. Call me old school, but I still like a solid outline and the color filled in well. Any sizeable tattoo I've ever gotten has needed a touch up here and there. And nothin' looks better than a month-old healed tattoo, its all downhill from there. Your results may vary.

Rob
    I consider myself as an idiot-savant, but without the savant part....

I read this and to me the fraud is the article itself. To me the photos look to clearly to be two different tattoos.

The hair strands spacing is different especially on the right side around the cheek, the top of the nose hole is different shapes, the background is a lot larger on the" healed" pic. i could be wrong but that's how it looks to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePie View Post
    I read this and to me the fraud is the article itself. To me the photos look to clearly to be two different tattoos.

The hair strands spacing is different especially on the right side around the cheek, the top of the nose hole is different shapes, the background is a lot larger on the" healed" pic. i could be wrong but that's how it looks to me.
    She claims to have "proof" -- uncropped photos that show the guy's other tattoos. She also posted this gif:

http://news.bmezine.com/wp-content/u...ted-tattoo.gif

@slayer9019: I agree that "fraud" is a strong word, but that's what she titled the article.

Contributor
    Images

Im having doubts as well on it being the same tattoo. the fresh tattoo has more teeth on the top row and the jaw the check has a completely different angle. The darkest spot of the tattoo doesnt just disappear when healed. just my 0.02$

Ex-Lurker

i have removed my writing thanks. have requested my profile be deleted, as i cant seem to find a way to do it myself. thanks everyone.

Ex-Lurker
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePie View Post

no shadow on the blood drips coming off the jaw to the right of the screen. no shadow on the fresh but shadow on the healed

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast

Support LST!