Join Last Sparrow Tattoo Forum Today
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: hardest artist to book

Re: hardest artist to book

Quote Originally Posted by MsRad View Post
    you know she's on here and bound to read this don't you?
    I suspect the existence of legions of fan girls will not surprise her!

Oh, and I also have a folder of reference material to hand in case of scoring one of the coveted last minute cancellations.

Yes, I'm that lame.

Contributor Contest Winner mario desa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Images

i just got tattooed by her yesterday, we traded! it pays to be connected

Ex-Lurker
    Images

mike giant.

he tattoos, he doesn't tattoo, he tattoos for a limited time. wtf. then i saw dude was booking temporarily at 300/hr. phew.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rebushido View Post
    i sent him a mail and dident think heŽd answer but he did!

I think he's more accessable than people think if they put serious effort into contacting him. but that would only be the case if you were serious about getting tattooed by him.

Ex-Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by irezumi View Post
    I think he's more accessable than people think if they put serious effort into contacting him. but that would only be the case if you were serious about getting tattooed by him.
    i read an article on mike giant and how he quit tattoo so that he can pay more attention to his clothing cause he could make way more money doing the clothing. i have no problem with artist making money but when a guy talks like that he loses all respect from me.

i might be talking out of my ass but i've seen his tattoos. i don't think he does the kind of work where other people can't do. i've seen works from roper, shige, pacheco, moore and some of their shit i don't think people can copy and if they do it's done poorly but mike giant, come on. plus, $300 dollars per hour. i know his rate is his rate and if people are willing to pay more power to them but mike giant for $300, get the fuck out of here. i think my anger comes more from his article. doesn't sound like he truly loved tattooing.

Images

Just regarding Shige - My girlfriend began trying to book a piece by him in February of this year (she sent a Japanese language e-mail). She followed up with a phone call to the studio three weeks later, and - bingo... consultation organised for September (when we are over there anyway). The impression she got was that, as some posters have described in relation to other 'hard to book' tattooists, if you are serious and can follow through and travel then he will probably try to do something for you.

Contributor Contest Winner mario desa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Images

i've hung out with mike before, am a fan of his graffiti and drawings, have nothing against the guy, but...his tattoos are awful. his style doesn't translate well to the body at all and he has no real concept of tattoo design and it seems no intention of learning how to correctly design tattoos and execute them well. it seems that the main reason people want tattoos from him is they are fans of his other artwork. you're better off buying a print or drawing i think.
    i also read that interview where he says flat-out that the clothing label pays him more so he quit tattooing. pretty fucking lame. but, to each their own. we all pay our own bills in the end.

Ex-Lurker

i love how one thread leads into something completely different, having said that...i know this place isn't here to talk smack about other artist and such and i'm not here to shit on mike giant but...in the same interview he talks about how he hates drawing other people ideas and hate having to deal with blood. isn't that like a professional basketball player saying he's tired of jumping? drawing other people's idea and dealing with blood isn't something new to this business. it's something u know about from day one. it is a requirement!! people who don't like dealing with stoves and oven don't become chefs and bitch about it.

one more thing, the interviewer puts giant in the same sentence as pacheco and roper. what's up with that??? seriously?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mario desa View Post
    his style doesn't translate well to the body at all and he has no real concept of tattoo design and it seems no intention of learning how to correctly design tattoos and execute them well. it seems that the main reason people want tattoos from him is they are fans of his other artwork. you're better off buying a print or drawing i think.
    i also read that interview where he says flat-out that the clothing label pays him more so he quit tattooing.
    hit the nail on the head.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast