Like Tree3729Likes

Thread: Post awesome things you have been doing recently

Hero Site Supporter
    Contest Winner

Blog Entries
    Images

Re: Post awesome things you have been doing recently

Quote Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
    There are about 60-odd schools in the Rochester area, everything from stone trad sutff to mma gyms. First question is always the contract-do you have to sign one, how much up fron, all that crap. Hate to say it, but there are a lot of predators out there.

oh yeah typically a good coach isnt a good businessman(let me rephrase he isnt in it for the money)

You should fill out a form and pay month to month as @Dan S stated

Quote Originally Posted by Liz Stitch Ellis View Post
    I'm actually finally testing for my black belt sunday, in Shotokan (very traditional non sport) life got in the way and cost me 4 years and I've finally gotten back to it for long enough to test! I can't wait!! Wednesday is our last official class.
    This is awesome. Good luck!

Regular Contest Winner Kevin Campbell's Avatar
    Images
    I just finished up a guest spot at my favorite shop the Aloha Monkey, and already planned my next trip out there in october. This time I am bringing my wife and kid with me, so it should be even more fun.

Chicago native, now a refugee on the Wis / Ill Stateline
    Images

I'm actually finally testing for my black belt sunday, in Shotokan (very traditional non sport) life got in the way and cost me 4 years and I've finally gotten back to it for long enough to test! I can't wait!! Wednesday is our last official class.
    I will keep very good thgouhts for you Sunday! If your test is anything like my firdt-degree test was, you'll be more tired and more happy and more sore than you've ever been in your life by the time it's over!

Last class is Wednesday? Spend Thursday and Friday doing physical review, Kata on Saturday, and sometime early Sunday, HOT bath or shower and stretch, then get your head empty. Mind of no mind, right? Just my .02, I'm sure your Sensei has laid everything out for you!

Best of, not luck, you won't need that, but best of days to you, and congratulations. No one who hasn't tested for a dan-rank in a traditional art will ever know a more intense 6-7 hours.
    Old enough to know better, still young enough to try.

Regular
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
    I will keep very good thgouhts for you Sunday! If your test is anything like my firdt-degree test was, you'll be more tired and more happy and more sore than you've ever been in your life by the time it's over!

Last class is Wednesday? Spend Thursday and Friday doing physical review, Kata on Saturday, and sometime early Sunday, HOT bath or shower and stretch, then get your head empty. Mind of no mind, right? Just my .02, I'm sure your Sensei has laid everything out for you!

Best of, not luck, you won't need that, but best of days to you, and congratulations. No one who hasn't tested for a dan-rank in a traditional art will ever know a more intense 6-7 hours.
    Oh how I wish I could do that, Craming all night tonight for mid terms both tomorrow and thursday, Saturday will be a day of relaxing, kata's here and there. Many thanks, I'm sure I'll post an update after the test and celebrations are over.

Chicago native, now a refugee on the Wis / Ill Stateline
    Images

Oh how I wish I could do that, Craming all night tonight for mid terms both tomorrow and thursday, Saturday will be a day of relaxing, kata's here and there. Many thanks, I'm sure I'll post an update after the test and celebrations are over.
    If you have not time for the Art, then go straight to the mind of no mind. Do your Kata's when you can, but don't sweat 'em-if you weren't ready, your Sensei wouldn't be sending you. Empty your mind of any worry and doubt, and go in and nail it! Stick with the hot shower and stretches, though, really helps the morning of!
    Old enough to know better, still young enough to try.

Regular Contest Winner missStark's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TrixieFaux View Post
    We were in Fairfield (close to Enosburg Falls). Was that close to you? I know, it is so beautiful...so much green, I love it there.
    Fairfield is closer to where my brother currently lives but I grew up on a horse farm in Lyndon which is more on the Eastern side of the state. My mom still lives there with all of our horses. I try to get back there to visit at least once a year, usually in the Fall when it's the prettiest.

Blog Entries

I say this about every thread... but best thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBlazeAlot View Post
    peacethefuckkouttthomosss

Contributor Contest Winner AlannaCA's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Images

here's an update guys! i went sky diving this morning and it was the most amazing experience of my life! my friend said just as addictive as getting tattooed i wanna go back for more!! and i wasn't as nervous as i thought i was going to be. you dont have time to be nervous really! actually the scariest part is signing the liability wavier before you get suited up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post awesome things you have been doing recently-img_7700.jpg   Post awesome things you have been doing recently-_mg_7635.jpg   Post awesome things you have been doing recently-img_7650.jpg  
    find me on twitter(cake_mistress) or
    facebook (facebook.com/alanna.alves)

Images
    That's incredible! Skydiving is on my list for sure.

Support LST!