Join Last Sparrow Tattoo Forum Today
Page 1 of 127 1 23451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Post awesome things you have been doing recently

Images

Post awesome things you have been doing recently

besides getting tattooed, which is also awesome but that's for a different thread.

Just got back from a guest-spot at Godspeed Tattoo in Breckenridge Colorado, where everybody are the friendliest tatbros. Did a early morning/sunrise canoe trip on a mountainside lake, skated at several different skateparks, several mountain trail bike rides, camped out for a few days way high in the mountains with good friends P Wee, Miho, and Joel Long, did some 4 wheeling in a jeep in same area, and had a campfire drawing session with P Wee & Joel.

Can't wait to go back.

Hero Site Supporter CultExciter's Avatar

Re: Post awesome things you have been doing recently

Prior to getting tattooed in NYC, I totally did the tourist thing of going to the Statue of Liberty. That was a lot of fun.

But, Thursday night a bunch of pals and I got together and made guitar pedals using perfboard and following schematics. That was awesome, mostly b/c I cannot solder for shit.

Quote Originally Posted by hogg View Post
    Not to sound like an old guy, but there used to be rules to this shit.

Images

I finally got enrolled in college again after about a 10 year "break".

Quote Originally Posted by posterboy7596 View Post
    I finally got enrolled in college again after about a 10 year "break".
    Awesome. You'll have a leg up on all the young kids. Motivation, work ethic, and paying for your own shit tends to keep things in perspective.

I went back to school in my 30s and graduated last year with my BSc. in Computing Science. Try not to get mad at the kids' sense of entitlement. They usually had me speak at orientation, because I would lay down the polite version of "Nobody owes you shit, and no one is responsible for your success but you. Your profs don't care, they are here to do research and are usually forced to teach, which many of them hate (and it shows)."

But, you know...with some jokes thrown in...Ahem.

Images

This semester, I've been using a printing press from the 1500s. In a country "found" in the 1700s (or 1600s, if you believe the Dutch :P), shit that old is kind of exciting.
    I still suck at carving woodblock/lino/finepoint, but hey, I get to use cool presses
    Likes Deb Yarian liked this.

ThaliaCamille, I am super jealous! I got to use a hundred year old press (that was historically significant to local printing) while doing litho last year, and I thought that was cool. How does it run?

And Posterboy, congrats on going back to school! Speaking as a prof, I love students who have returned (and teach many of them at my university) as, like PhilB said, y'all tend to be more motivated, less whiny and entitled, and get shit done. I hope it's a super rewarding experience, and PhilB, I promise that not all profs hate teaching!

This is probably not that awesome to normal people, but my big thing this summer has been finally learning how to drive, at the tender age of 31. This is what happens when you grow up somewhere with great public transit. I am taking my exam next week and while I feel really proud of how confident and competent I've gotten behind the wheel, I am nervous as all hell. (I will admit that part of the motivation for finally going for it, though, is to be able to share the driving with my dude on upcoming tattoo-related road trips.)
    Likes AlannaCA, Kev, Orangutango, Mark Bee liked this.

I just got back two weeks ago from a service trip to West Virginia (I'm from North Dakota). My parish took a group of 8, and travelled with a group of 14, and spent a week working for and with the locals in Delbarton and Williamson, WV. It was most excellent.
    Likes Deb Yarian, Kev liked this.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilist View Post
    ThaliaCamille, I am super jealous! I got to use a hundred year old press (that was historically significant to local printing) while doing litho last year, and I thought that was cool. How does it run?
    A little clunky, but pretty nice. I'm sure it'd be more fulfilling if I were actually producing good stuff using it, but still, the novelty is there. It's quite ornate as well, with scrolley stuff and a big crown right on the top, real pretty.
    Good luck with the driving too!

I stay pretty busy trying to make sure that my five year old daughter, and two year old son don't grow up to be assholes. It is not glamorous but I like it.

Contributor Contest Winner AlannaCA's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Images

i took the week off to go to the cottage and breath some fresh air and relax. recently i did the Warrior dash(5km mud race with obstacles) it was so amazing and im hooked! i want to eventually work my way up to Tough Mudder!
    im new to running-been doing it for fun for the last year- and im training pretty hard for a half marathon coming up this fall!
    oh and how could i forget in a couple weeks in going skydiving!! its easy to back out of something big like this but im organizing a group to go with and they will keep me from backing out! hahahaha

find me on twitter(cake_mistress) or
    facebook (facebook.com/alanna.alves)

Page 1 of 127 1 23451151101 ... LastLast

Support LST!