Join Last Sparrow Tattoo Forum Today
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Audiophiles

Images

Audiophiles

Hey so, I am big into audio gear, not sure about others hear but I will ask anyway. Anyone here into audio gear (not recording gear).
    "The ass tattoo: a deep and searing pain that lasts for days, a memory that lasts a lifetime." - Hogg
    If your new here, READ THIS!
    Is your tattoo infected and aftercare FAQ
    If you have questions please PM a moderator.

Contributor Contest Winner lving4today's Avatar
    Images

Re: Audiophiles

If were talking car stereos, I used to be. Got 2 12" type R alpines with a bass booster in ported box. Alpine dash and alpine amp. My stereo set up is more expensive than my car when I bought it (cheap car)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by lving4today View Post
    If were talking car stereos, I used to be. Got 2 12" type R alpines with a bass booster in ported box. Alpine dash and alpine amp. My stereo set up is more expensive than my car when I bought it (cheap car)
    Well I used to be big into car audio. I also ran 2 12" type-Rs at one point haha! Moved to Sundown audio after that, then gave up.

Home audio is where I live now, specifically high-end headphone listening. Running a Aune solid-state amp/DAC driving a pair of 600 ohm Beyerdynamic DT990s. Spectacular sound! Eventually grabbing a woo audio tube amp and possible a pair of Stax headphones.
    "The ass tattoo: a deep and searing pain that lasts for days, a memory that lasts a lifetime." - Hogg

Contributor Contest Winner lving4today's Avatar
    Images

Right on I've yet to invest in home audio not until I get a bigger tv. But I do have a gnarly sub system for my laptop. Like a damn dj booth in my room

Moderator Site Supporter
    Contest Winner
    Blog Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by slayer9019 View Post
    Eventually grabbing a woo audio tube amp and possible a pair of Stax headphones.
    "..no, Woo peed on my rug."

Images

Not really into it but have always owned good separates with proper speakers, have a naim\spender set up at the moment.

Both British made;

Naim Audio | Home Stereo Equipment | High End Sound | High-fidelity | Hi-fi System

Spendor Audio Systems

Images

I don't have an elaborate home system but I'm still using my old Nikko amp and Bozak floor speakers bought in the 80's, and they still sound good.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge View Post
    I don't have an elaborate home system but I'm still using my old Nikko amp and Bozak floor speakers bought in the 80's, and they still sound good.
    yea a good amp and speakers will always be that, even at 20+ years old they will still have better sound than most ipod docks etc i see in shops today, think my speaker wire alone cost more than most peoples hifi in its day. My gear must be 7 years old now and i'm sure ill still have the amp and speakers for another 7. The source may change though but i still like to have something physical to play ie cd's, ipods for me are still only for the car but like slayer's modern set up i might have to give in to a dac\lossless source sooner or later, did i get that last bit right slayer...LOL.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post

yea a good amp and speakers will always be that, even at 20+ years old they will still have better sound than most ipod docks etc i see in shops today, think my speaker wire alone cost more than most peoples hifi in its day. My gear must be 7 years old now and i'm sure ill still have the amp and speakers for another 7. The source may change though but i still like to have something physical to play ie cd's, ipods for me are still only for the car but like slayer's modern set up i might have to give in to a dac\lossless source sooner or later, did i get that last bit right slayer...LOL.
    Well music will only be as good as the source. Lossless and a nice dac/amp is good. My setup ran only about 500ish and blows away a lot of setups that cost more

Images

I don't have anything elaborate or too fancy. Mostly older stuff that has a nice warm sound. I use the speaker setup from Eno's ambient 2 album though which I've used for a pretty long time. Its a cheap yet effective way to add a little more atmosphere and a primitive "surround sound" effect.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Support LST!