Join Last Sparrow Tattoo Forum Today
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inception (Spoiler Alert)

Blog Entries

Inception (Spoiler Alert)

I've seen this movie four times now, and Im still figuring stuff out. It seems like every time I watch it I get a new idea about how the movie is not only progressing, but figuring out wither he is constantly in a dream, or if there are parts of TRUE reality.

My first round with this bastard I was a little drunk, so my ideas were nothing more than a Jameson induced delirium.

My second round I noticed that the music plays a huge part in the movie. The tone, and song changes to fit wither he is doing his dream thing, or when he is (or believes) he is in reality.

The last two times is when I came up with the idea that he had been dreaming the whole time since he was using his wife's Talisman.

What does everyone else think? I just bought it, and am interested in hearing what other people thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBlazeAlot View Post
    peacethefuckkouttthomosss

Moderator Site Supporter
    Contest Winner
    Blog Entries
    Images

Re: Inception (Spoiler Alert)

I'd heard so many people shit talk this movie before I saw it and turns out I was really into it. Only saw it once (last wk.) and our general consensus is that he was dreaming the entire thing.. but the second consensus is that we really needed to watch it again. So his wife is............alive???

Blog Entries

I dont know if his wife is dead... A part of me thinks that he really wasn't dreaming when his wife jumped off that building, but another part of me thinks he was due to the fact that he as staring across the street at the same room. That kinda threw me for a loop.

Im going to watch it again tonight, so I will have a fresh look on it.

Blog Entries

Watching it again right now and I noticed something new...

Cobb's Talisman was his wife's before she died right? While Cobb was teaching Ariadne about the idea of dream invasion, he stated that she needed a talisman which no one can touch.

It made me think that since the top was Cobb's wife's talisman that he might have in some way made it impossible to figure out when reality begins and ends. So in theory, the entire movie could just be a dream of his.

I love this fuckin movie.

Champion Site Supporter
    Contest Winner
    Blog Entries

I thought that that was the whole point of the totem continuing spinning at the end- to question whether anything that occurred was reality or not.

Either way I really don't see how you can shit talk this movie. I thought it was fucking amazing.

Blog Entries
    Images

I just saw it last week, and I want to see it again, glad I'm not the only one left wondering.

Images

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I'll take a different approach. I haven't seen the movie and have no desire to do so. I'm a relatively intelligent guy but when it comes to movies I really prefer something with a simpler plot and not something I have to watch a few times before I fully grasp what I saw. For me it's unfulfilling when I'm confused during the whole movie and at the end I'm left wondering what the hell just happened and I'm thinking, "I don't get it." A few plot twists and turns are enjoyable and necessary but I think it can be overdone and from what I've heard of Inception it's not something I'd want to see since it requires just too much thought. I'll take a good ol' Clint Eastwood flick any day. Just offering a different opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority here but I'll take a different approach. I haven't seen the movie and have no desire to do so. I'm a relatively intelligent guy but when it comes to movies I really prefer something with a simpler plot and not something I have to watch a few times before I fully grasp what I saw. For me it's unfulfilling when I'm confused during the whole movie and at the end I'm left wondering what the hell just happened and I'm thinking, "I don't get it." A few plot twists and turns are enjoyable and necessary but I think it can be overdone and from what I've heard of Inception it's not something I'd want to see since it requires just too much thought. I'll take a good ol' Clint Eastwood flick any day. Just offering a different opinion.
    i have to admit, i sort of agree with Wedge on Inception (and i did see the movie, at the drive-in no less). now, i love my metaphors and complications just as the next person in this forum, but Inception did feel overdone. and at the end, I kept thinking to myself "well that was nice looking, but really, what's the point?" if the point is to question our reality, then that's fine, but it feels redundant. but maybe i'm missing something? i'm willing to give it a second shot, i'm not against the film in any way, i guess i just don't understand the hype behind it either.

Blog Entries

Its no David Lynch story in the way of complexity, but was more fun visually which I don't often get from a lynch movie.

Of course not talking any shit about lynch. Eraserhead and twin peaks still rule my life.

Blog Entries

D, i wasn't talking about Lynch either. i haven't seen too many of his films.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast