of course they will

Figured.

Ground control to major bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBlazeAlot View Post
    peacethefuckkouttthomosss

Blog Entries
    Images

Re: General Movie Thread

Just watched Mesrine: Public Enemy number 1, and found it an entertaining portrayal of the gangster and master of disguise who like a modern day Robin Hood was both cherished and despised .

Images

The Dark Knight Rises.
    I don't really know what to think about it.
    I need to see it a second time. The editing felt rushed. The re-recorded dialogue for Bane (despite Nolan claiming he didn't touch it up) made him sound like a weird Brit Butler. The 'reveals' were so forshadowed that you could see them a mile away. The cameo was fun. (No spoilers. you knew there would be cameos) but the whole thing felt... disjointed?
    Occult Vibrations Tattoo Blog | http://occultvibrations.com
    "We’re conditioned to think that our lives revolve around great moments. But great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one." | " I just wanted to make it clear that I'm not a crusader for acceptance. Actually, I'm all for elitism..." -SR

Images

Going to see 'The Dark Knight Rises' this evening. Looking forward to it - particularly the Bane character.

I also watched a trailer for the new Superman reboot this morning - 'Man of steel'.

I've always been more of a Batman than a Superman guy, but I think this could be great. I like 'year one' type reboots, and if this is directed by Zack Snyder (Watchmen) and produced by Christopher Nolan it should be pretty well-handled.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryQ
    Going to see 'The Dark Knight Rises' this evening. Looking forward to it - particularly the Bane character.

I also watched a trailer for the new Superman reboot this morning - 'Man of steel'.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jKWJZsjm5U

I've always been more of a Batman than a Superman guy, but I think this could be great. I like 'year one' type reboots, and if this is directed by Zack Snyder (Watchmen) and produced by Christopher Nolan it should be pretty well-handled.
    I like both Batman and Superman done correctly (ie by Grant Morrison or Frank Miller) would be nice to see " dark knight falls" with Batman v Superman or even a Decent Justice League movie !

Ex Mod
    Blog Entries

Recently saw The Heir Apparent Largo Winch on Netflix Instant and it was amazingly good!

Images

Saw 'The Dark Knight Rises' tonight.

Overall I enjoyed it and it continued the tradition (IMO) established in 'The Dark Knight' of having a villain who is far more compelling than the Batman himself. Thought Tom Hardy was brilliant as Bane... The aesthetic, the several kilos of beef he looks to have gained for the role, the accent.... Very cool.

What I wasn't so crazy about:-

-The editing did seem bizarrely choppy and almost unfinished in parts. What was up with that? I just don't get it - maybe I'm missing the artistic merit (I'm not being a smartass here, maybe someone else takes something else different from the way some of the scenes were executed).

-Seems to me in the rush to get the 12 certificate they neutered the fight scenes. The fight scenes just seemed pretty pedestrian. Bane and Batman lumbering around slugging one another like WWE wrestlers. I know the guys who choreographed the fight scenes (not personally) and if this was the most exciting they could do then I'm dissapointed.

-The audio seemed odd. Music seemed to drown out a lot of the dialogue, and not just Bane and Batman's growling. I know they enhanced Bane's parts to try and make them more intelligible, but it seemed to me that even ordinary characters were somehow unaudible. Or else I'm getting old. Possibly I am broken-down and slightly old. I found myself identifying with Bruce when the doctor tells him his knees and shoulders are shot (sadly I lack the billions to accompany the wear-and-tear).

That said, overall I liked it. I thought the ending worked.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by RoryQ View Post

There are two Superman trailers, btw:
    Same video, but the audio is different.
    One is Pa Kent (Kevin Costner) and the other is Jor-el (Russel Crowe) talking to Clark/Kal
    Depending on what theater you go to... you get Crowe or Costner.
    Incidentally, both of Supe's dads have played Robin Hood.
    Occult Vibrations Tattoo Blog | http://occultvibrations.com
    "We’re conditioned to think that our lives revolve around great moments. But great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one." | " I just wanted to make it clear that I'm not a crusader for acceptance. Actually, I'm all for elitism..." -SR

Images

I was fairly disappointed in DKR. Personally I thought the villains were meh at best, and the scheme was unclear for a good part of the movie. Still worth watching in a theater, but the weakest of the 3 movies IMO.

Champion

TDKR was so damn awesome.