How far are you willing to travel to get tattooed at a certain shop? And what shop? Why do you want to get tattooed that specific shop(s)? Did you already make the trip or is it a trip you are planning?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Thanks for sharing Dari as well as the link. I looked around and am very impressed!! I noticed he was at a few spots Thomas Hooper has been at as well as a "similar" style, did they ever work together? Under his tattoo tab I really like the chest piece he has posted towards the top. If you were to get tattooed by him what would it be?

Thanks again and until next time....have a good day!

Edited by Lochlan

• 2 weeks later...

Makes sense. Do we get to see a picture of the painting?

We also look fwd to the pictures of the Ganesh he will be doing for you!

Will Jondix just be visiting or will he be tattooing at a shop in the Bay Area? If at a shop which one and when and how can people start making appointments?

Thanks for contributing to the blog Dari.

Jondix Mahashakti will be visiting in October and will be working at Temple, and no, people cannot call and get appointments as he's already over booked. People who work at Temple have even given up their appointments to get some other friends in, and he'll most likely end up tattooing until the wee hours every night. He will be at the upcoming convention put on by the San Jose shop State of Grace, however, maybe he'll have some openings then?

Here's a link to this awesome Bay Area Tattoo Convention

before moving out to california, i would fly 2000 miles out there to get tattooed. it really bugs me when people feel they cant drive 20 minutes out of their way to get a good tattoo. i guess some people deserve the crappy tattoos they get.

after moving to california, i would drive an hour to and an hour back when i got tattooed. that drive back suuuuucked!!!!!!!

but i did get some bitchin tats from scott sylvia, derrick snodgrass, grime, mike lucena.....

starting a new trend.... good tattooer with good tattoos!!!!!!!!!!! but i guess thats a whole different topic

222, that could be a whole new tattoo post. Would anyone like to start it and/or explain for those who don't know what 222 tattoo was and who was there?

I have only heard many stories, seen tattoos from that one time tattoo shop, and heard how much it was associated with the bay area punk scene.

Thanks for the great thread on a choosing a tattoo shop!

If I ever have enough time and money I'd fly to Italy to get something by Arianna Settembrino.

Thanks Calbee! I tried to google the name Arianna Settembrino and got various pages but nothing by the artist? Do you have a link as I/we would love to see more work or invite them here?

Say money and free space wasn't an issue what would it be?