• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I've been thinking of getting an Ashley Love chubby pinup girl someday, but I was wondering where you all decided to put your pinup tattoos. I probably don't have the personality/lady balls to wear a really visible one on my arm, but I have no idea where you'd put one other than an arm or a leg.

If we're talking man pin-ups, I gotta put this up here. Definitely a far cry from Tom of Finland! I think it would so fantastic for someone to pull tattoo inspiration from an old JC Leyendecker illustration. The guy was the top American illustrator from something like 1900 to 1930. Such a cool style! He really invented the classy American man. I wouldn't mind seeing someone do a take on that mermaid either. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Some really nice pin ups in here. What are people's thoughts for the best placement for a pinup tattoo on the upper arm please ? I'm thinking of getting mine placed towards the back of the upper arm, rather than directly on the very outside of the upper arm. They look great on forearms (inside or outside) but unfortunately I can't go there due to work. What's everyones thoughts on next best arm-placement option please :) Thanks !

Some really nice pin ups in here. What are people's thoughts for the best placement for a pinup tattoo on the upper arm please ? I'm thinking of getting mine placed towards the back of the upper arm, rather than directly on the very outside of the upper arm. They look great on forearms (inside or outside) but unfortunately I can't go there due to work. What's everyones thoughts on next best arm-placement option please :) Thanks !

legs hanging out from a short sleeve definitely adds to the "tease" effect!

If the outside of your upper arm is free I would go there and I'm sure your artist will as well. It's a pretty flat and easy to read surface. I have one there and also on the inside of my calves.

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Bump! Long time listener , first time caller, I'm Sinclair89 but feel free to call me Nathan

First image is of me..not a pin up a haha!  My Tattoo artist was drawing a thin line along the leg and it was a bit pain train

2nd image is the outline completed

3rd and 4th are fresh on on (under?) The skin shots

5th shot is it now after about 6 months with complementary batman slipper

So basically I have always wanted a tattoo of a Pin Up girl but could never really decide what design I wanted.

So why not design it on my wife? She's Scottish  (I'm from Liverpool, England) so we went with the tartan mini skirt and bra, we had a sword at our wedding to cut the cake which my parents got engraved so the sword is based on that, and the long golden hair and big...ahem...are basically her, also comes with her little star tattoo.

It's nice to have her with me whilst I'm out trucking up and down the UK all week ?

This was all designed by Holly at "The Painted Ladies" in Liverpool. 

WP_20151126_12_18_52_Raw(1).jpg

WP_20151126_11_42_07_Pro(1).jpg

635841435334248031(1).jpg

635841440452925890(1).jpg

WP_20160511_001(1).jpg

• 2 months later...