Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kev

Tatception: Tattoos of tattooed people

13 posts in this topic

While watching the excellent Freedy Corbin tattoo in blog, my ears perked up when he started talking about his tattooed nun from Don Ed Hardy. I really like this design concept. My first exposure to it was in old Japanese woodcut prints of tattooed samurai from the Shinpen Suikogaiden

heroes_suikoden5.jpg

I've seen Westernized versions ranging from the Greg Irons Edith Burchett tattoo:

TA0806_irons_wm.jpg

to cholo updates like this banger from Nico Acosta at Better Days in Santiago Chile:

Kewpie%20Cholo.jpg

and this awesome Red Hot from Eric Gregory at Little Vinnie's Tattoos in Baltimore, MD:

egregory-1024x944.jpg

Anybody else dig this?

really loving the Nico Acosta piece. Glenn Arthur paints a lot of tattooed ladies but as yet I have not seen to many tattoos of his work...A local guy Terry Bradley also does this type of stuff.

Yes! Have a couple "tattoos with tattoos" I have in mind, can't wait to get 'em. Those are all great examples!

While watching the excellent Freedy Corbin tattoo in blog,...

*"While watching the excellent Freddy Corbin interview in the blog" Sorry about the spelling-how do you edit first posts?

Tattoos with tattoos are awesome. This kewpie that my friend Jon Larson (Depot Town Tattoo/Front Street Tattoo) did a few months back is one of my favorite tattoos that I have.

kewpie_thumb.jpg

Lochlan and AlannaCA like this

I Love the QP dolls that have tattoos. I've seen a few of those and thought they were the coolest!

Kev- u can only edit a post within the first hour of posting it and then your times up!

i love the tiger/panthers with tattoos! i never would have even thought of that.

Here is a collab painting between the lovely Lina Stigsson and the equally lovely Stooks (manly lovely of course :rolleyes: )

gougetheeyes, Lochlan and kylegrey like this