slayer9019

Very dry, peeling tattoo

8 posts in this topic

So my tattoo has bee taken very good care of (to the "t"). Weird thing is about a week after shading was done it started to become VERY dry, almost felt like a scab. Every time I applied lotion to it, it would just soak it all up and still be dry (usually 3 light rubbed in coats). Now it is peeling like sunburn and the flakes are black.... Should I be concerned?

Not a situation for concern at all. This is very normal. Just use a little lotion to help with the dryness but don't go overboard, you don't want to be all soggy either. DO NOT PICK THE SCABS. Let the flakey stuff fall off when it's ready.

also sometimes it helps to put clothing or a towel over the tattoo and lightly slap it when it's itchy.

Duffa likes this

Thanks Ursula! Yea I didn't want to overkill the lotoining but at the same time it was pretty damn dry. The itching of the shading is not as bad as the outline was for some reason...

tattoos darken and flake. the end. Ursula's posts nailed it. You're all good!

ah the old towel trick ;) I cant count how many times you have saved my sanity...

Yea just a little scared when I saw what looked like a peppering when I washed it. Thanks everyone!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts

• I feel like I've been talking about this for years, but I think I've finally settled on pharaoh's horses for my chest piece. To accommodate boobs, I might need to spread them out a little and maybe add flags/roses/stars/etc to make the overall design more triangular. I'm in no financial or mental condition to be undergoing a multiple session tattoo any time soon, but it might be my next big project. Thinking of getting this dude to do it: https://www.instagram.com/johnrippeyv/
    • I think it comes down to these as your options: 1) Laser it completely - Takes a lot of sessions to completely remove, which can get expensive and painful. Might not be TOO bad for something that size though. 2) A couple laser sessions to lighten it and then a cover-up - Gives you more options to work with after you break up some of that black. 3) Cover it as is - Unless you want a bowling ball or a tiny panther, it's going to need to be fairly large to cover it and not look like a cover, at least palm sized...and you would probably need a lot of dark colors to cover all that heavy black. You can have an artist look at it and see what they think might work, but be prepared for it to be much larger than you might want. 4) Add some vines and frilly stuff like @Dan said - It's only going to make the tattoo bigger and might still not give you the look you want if it's the backbone of the tattoo that you seem unhappy with...adding to it might just give you more to dislike. It's up to you though to decide if you want a complete overhaul or just some minor changes. Be honest with yourself about what parts of it, if any, you really like and want to enhance. 5) Get awesome tattoos elsewhere on your body and/or learn to love what you have - Sometimes trying to fix stuff just makes it worse and the best option is to just live with it and laugh it off as a dumb mistake. Surrounding it with awesome work takes the focus off it. Maybe not an option for you if you don't want to be a more heavily tattooed person. In that case, just try to accept what you have if lasering or a cover-up is really not an option for you. Whatever you do, I would not suggest adding white anywhere. It tends to get yellow/brown with age and I think it would just muddy up the tattoo more. It isn't going to stay nice and crisp like Instagram always shows it looking.
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics