Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

@dcostello I was the guy who came in around 2 and found out I got double booked. Your knee looked killer when it was finished, have fun healing that beast.

Here's what Chad put on me just a couple hours later:

[ATTACH]12469[/ATTACH]

No way dude! I saw him post that on Instagram. Such a solid piece! LST dude/dudettes need some sort of a general LST tattoo to we all recognize each other! And thanks. It feels horrible right now.

No way dude! I saw him post that on Instagram. Such a solid piece! LST dude/dudettes need some sort of a general LST tattoo to we all recognize each other! And thanks. It feels horrible right now.

When you were showing Chad your sugar skulls I knew I had seen them on here before but I felt awkward saying "hey, I know those tattoos from the internets" plus you were with friends and I didn't wanna hold you up. Next time I'm in Austin I need to make a week of it, I woke up at 3 that morning in Colorado, 33 degrees at my house, off the plane into 90 and humid, and then of course I drove home in a blizzard yesterday.

When you were showing Chad your sugar skulls I knew I had seen them on here before but I felt awkward saying "hey, I know those tattoos from the internets" plus you were with friends and I didn't wanna hold you up. Next time I'm in Austin I need to make a week of it, I woke up at 3 that morning in Colorado, 33 degrees at my house, off the plane into 90 and humid, and then of course I drove home in a blizzard yesterday.

Boy, your return flight must have been just as fun as mine was.

@L2DB - I am so glad you came back with the final tattoo - you should go back to your first thread and put it there, too to complete the thread. I wondered how that would turn out, and I really like how the woodblock came through, especially at the bottom. Are you talking about what looks like snow covered mountains? I took that to be clouds in the sky at first glance. As for the shading, one technique for something like this - a scene - is to fade it off on the edges. If you have hard edges around the outside, it can make the scene look like a picture, or seem like you are looking out a window rather than being out in the scene.

I will try to go post it there. And it is clouds. I don't think it's a fade off - though maybe that was the intention. The "gravel" (darker spots) go down farther than the gray of the road. I can try to post a better picture (maybe in a new thread?)