Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

gonna repost in this thread cause i'm super stoked on my latest n greatest

Snake by Scott Rusnak / Lucky Strike Tattoo Edmonton 2016

body wraps onto the inside of the wrist. i'm really happy with the placement which was tricky because I didn't want to lose the dragonfly above. i'm stoked about the negative halo to keep it pop'd. the snake tongue is super legit.

Dragonfly (aka Snakedoctor) by Shawn O'Connor / Ink Machine Tattoo Edmonton, AB 2014

considerably lower anxiety during the healing. it's 1 week old now and the snake had it's first shed. the tongue is really scabby but so far everything is holding. hands are a bitch to heal. so now both hands are done and sleeves dropped down all the way to the edge of the wrist. ink is leaking out of my long sleeve shirts yeeehaw

snake doctor 1.jpg

4 hours ago, bongsau said:

@Wedge awesome, digging the detail in the dove !

Thanks,  it's actually a memorial tattoo that has a lot of personal symbolism. Next session we'll finish the girl and the dove and also adding a light house on the back of the leg to fill it in.  

22 hours ago, polliwog said:

Ah, that is so lovely, @Wedge. Great colors.  I really love the moody, more muted takes on the ROA, and knowing that this is a memorial tattoo makes it even more beautiful.

2 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

@Wedge Very lovely. ♥️ Grez was a perfect choice to make your tattoo.

Thanks. And I agree with both comments...I always research artists well and I thought Grez would be perfect for this. I can't wait until it's done because it's going to be so much more than it already is. And yea, it's going to look a bit stormy I suppose which is what we want as a take on the piece. 

9 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

@Wedge And he's a good egg, too boot. I love going to the LES...so much good food and things to do. I have a pre-tattoo ritual when I go to the LES. Always go to Russ and Daughters for breakfast before my appointments!

Sorry, I can't think of what LES is although I'm sure it's something obvious that just isn't coming to me.

Received my first tattoo "Saint Christopher" on this day 13 years ago from the one-and-only Steve Batt (Edmonton, AB).

"Look kid, I'm not going to draw the Last Supper. You want a tattoo today or not?"

13118075_259359017750125_910911019_n.jpg

I can still smell the speedstick scent he used to apply the stencil.

And in an ironic twist of fate, with the fresh tattoo of the patron saint of travel on a swollen arm, we got in a car accident 5 minutes after leaving the shop.

The tattoo is as rich, bright and colourful as it was the day it was made. In fact it keeps looking better each year as it ages.

Dropped in this afternoon to see Sensei Steve and thanked him for 13 years of capital "Q" quality tattoos he has made for me.

cheers everyone !

Edited by bongsau

I don't think I've posted this here--Todd Noble made this lady in a rose a couple months ago.  I really enjoyed getting this tattoo; he has a good bedside manner and just seems like an all-around good human.  I can't get an un-distorted photo of this but you get the idea.coleman.jpg

Edited by polliwog