Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

a few new pieces that i'm really proud of!

this was done by mario desa about 2 months ago

20r76u9.jpg

and this was done a week ago by tutti serra.

23m4v1f.jpg

first post with a bang! welcome and I hope you stick around with awesome tattoos like those!

:confused:

"magic soap" = bactine??

No, I do believe it's a reference to a new type of product that contains a topical anaesthetic. Nick used it on me when he was doiing my ribs, and it was tits. A spray-cleaner type thing, with the advantage of giving you a few minutes of almost numb time while you're being worked on. Doesn't completely kill the ouch, but sure nuff cuts it down.

Actually, made me feel the sissy for letting him use it, but to quote Nick, "look at you-you've got nothing to prove to anyone!"

I don't think tattooing should EVER be totally painless, but hey-a little help never hurt!

:confused:

"magic soap" = bactine??

It is Dr.Bronners magic soap.It's a castile soap they sell at health food stores,the peppermint kind.Some tattoo artist use it instead of green soap.The only difference is that Dr.Bronner's isn't antiseptic like green soap.Sometimes during large pieces the alcohol in green soap and the constant wiping can make a tattoo sore and raw,then I switch to the magic soap & the peppermint in it cools the area down giving it "a topical anesthetic" feel even though it doesn't have a topical anesthetic in it,because it takes away the burn.You can apply stencils with it too.

A bit more on my ribs. Tattooed by @Stewart Robson at Frith Street Tattoos.

One more session to go.

It looks great. How many hours so far, and how many sessions have you broken it up into? I have one side down and one to go. It will be my last multiple session tattoo, and I am happy about that, but not so happy about another rib tattoo.