So, we're here in Tulsa, OK... There are about 45-60 new shops, as in less than 6 months old, lots of spaces to rent, but... we have manners and don't want to start up across the street from anyone already tattooing, and the realtors that have the good spaces, that are over 2k a month, with no shops around don't want a tattoo shop, but the perfect little space that is up for grabs all alone is surrounded by churches and a vacant middle school... And that's really weird to set up right in the middle of a church zone.

Churches and a vacant middle school. Holy fuck this country is in trouble.

• 3 weeks later...

Head's up... Dallas, we had a couple last fucking minute cancellations, so I am pushing out leaving Tulsa another 4-5 days or so...I am not satisfied with where we are at... it seems as only now things are starting to roll, but that's life... We're having fun, but super tired, and hot... the ac in the old whorehouse hasn't been on, it's brand new but the wiring and circuitry is really old, and kinda rigged up as opposed to put together.... we have demo'd, what needed to come down, and are now building the inner bones of the shop...

He only has two appointments so holler... lot's of time open, if not, we're grabbing motorcycles, gear, and a few other important things that need to be home... and HOME is now Tulsa, OK... thank god.

I'm so tired, I'm sorry I haven't posted a bunch, or even been onsite, but all is well and if you need to get ahold of me, it doesn't take that much to do it. . .

:)

And, still got time, in Harker Heights, SFO, Richmond, and whatnot... so holler.

Edited by Jennifer Stell
gramar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey send me an email... I'll get you some time. richardstelltattoos@gmail.com

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the shop should be open by mid fall... Just in time to go to the Richmond Show in November...

So far we are going to try to maintain our convention commitments. We have San Angelo Texas in Feb, SLC March 2013 January we usually have Austin, but we may skip the show, and work at Rock of Ages...

Did I mention we are bringing Steve Byrne and Tony Hundahl, with us, OH, not to mention THOMAS HOOPER!! in the booth with us this coming year at SLC ?

hey send me an email... I'll get you some time. richardstelltattoos@gmail.com

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the shop should be open by mid fall... Just in time to go to the Richmond Show in November...

So far we are going to try to maintain our convention commitments. We have San Angelo Texas in Feb, SLC March 2013 January we usually have Austin, but we may skip the show, and work at Rock of Ages...

Did I mention we are bringing Steve Byrne and Tony Hundahl, with us, OH, not to mention THOMAS HOOPER!! in the booth with us this coming year at SLC ?

fuck yeah

• 5 weeks later...

The Bay Area Convention of the Tattoo Arts is coming up, we'll be setting up at Temple Tattoo in Oakland for a couple days prior to the show, and then Electric Oni in Petaluma a couple days after... Time to reconfirm or setup appointment time/days with me ... And we're packing light so if there is a painting you're wanting, or a print in mind, drop me a message.

Theres a tattoo shop opening tomorrow in Rio Rancho NM ' date=' on Southern right in the same building as Turtle Mountain Brewery. This dude used to be under Livit Ink Tattoo. He had to relocate for not paying rent. He will attempt to use the Art of Seduction by Robert Greene and a tattoo gun to get you into bed...[/quote']

@Amy lambert, you already posted this under the "worst ever" thread... This thread is dedicated to info about Richard & Jennifer Stell...

yeah... I'll have a better idea of what's going on with 2013 in December.

It's getting to where we can't keep up with it all. . . Or I just have been out of a shop so long I am having to reprogram myself to keep up w/ that, and be good at being on the road still... I know it seems trivial, I just like to be on point, I feel like I am getting thin skinned trying to retain it all: Schedules, appointments, designs, setup, breakdown, taking care of the man, and making sure each client is 100% or more happy with it all, and all the other joys of being a shop owner again, etc...

Sound Fun?

Haha, it is... Too bad I'm getting old, and can't keep up with the cool kids anymore. Actually thank god for that. Maybe I'll be tattooing or at least painting again regularly by the end of the year.

Jen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It just deserves its own discussion, seeing as it's a three-headed ZZ wearing a Nudie Cohn suit and riding an alligator gar. Ultimate Texas swamp shit that this Texas-born Cajun (whose first concert was ZZ Top) truly appreciates.

Was it the client's idea?

The client came to Richard with the concept of the entire three guys of ZZTop to be riding an alligator gar, Richard was into it, but he didn't like the idea of three dudes riding a Gar making it look like a banana boat... He then magically showed me how to make three heads flow on one body...

It's fucking insane.