ShawnPorter

Dumb Hipster Tattoos

631 posts in this topic

That kid probably never even touched a cassette tape.

Ive been listening to Travis Tritt and Garth Brooks all day today... on cassette. Those things are horrible.

Patriot Ink Tattoo likes this

Ive been listening to Travis Tritt and Garth Brooks all day today... on cassette. Those things are horrible.

it's not the cassettes, it's whats on them that sounds horrible.

Amok, Jimbo, lunchbox715 and 6 others like this

HAHAHAHAHA I wish I could hit 'like' more. Sorry Dan, normally our musical tastes are pretty close... except in this instance ;) (unless your being held against your will and this is being played to you Git-Mo styles?)

Ohhhhh man. War has begun.

I saw one of those finger moustache tattoos displayed in Amanda Wachobs portfolio at this years London Tattoo Convention.

@Duffa The sunglass guy has it's own thread or it is a post within one but I can't find it.....maybe someone else remembers, it is insanity regardless

As for this thread, ironically (yes actually ironic) I was at Blackheart yesterday killing time when I got shown this book, Look at This Fucking Hipster. Has anyone flipped through it?

Duffa likes this

I still got a box of cassettes. I can't seem to part with them.

Same. It's where all my metal lives.

MsRad likes this

@Duffa The sunglass guy has it's own thread or it is a post within one but I can't find it.....maybe someone else remembers, it is insanity regardless

As for this thread, ironically (yes actually ironic) I was at Blackheart yesterday killing time when I got shown this book, Look at This Fucking Hipster. Has anyone flipped through it?

after living in Brooklyn for a period.....I hate hipsters! Check out the site to go along with the book! Look at this fucking hipster

AlannaCA, JaniceP94 and Duffa like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts

• Wasup Everyone. Ive used tegaderm on about 5 of my tattoos to date and love the product. I keep the initial saran wrap from the studio on overnight roughly 16 hours allowing most excess plasma and gunk to come out. I then wash the tattoo with unscented soap making sure it is completely clean/ no longer slippery from the soap or bodily fluids. I then dam the tatto with clean bounty paper to take off any additional water. Now I allow it to air dry for 2 hours or so. Now its time to apply the tegaderm. For this important step I like to naturally extend (NOT stretch) whatever skin the tegaderm is going to be applied on. If the tattoo is say on your bicep you should straighten your arm downward rather then having it curled because the skin is naturally much tighter in this position. I do it this way because after it is applied the tegaderm will crinkle a bit while you in your natural resting position and will stretch enough when you are stretching that limb. Not doing it this way will limit your range of motion, cause the tegaderm to loose adhesion all together or cause some really nasty rashes on the un-tattood skin. After it is applied I personally leave it alone for 4 days. On the fourth day I shower in warm water allowing the tegaderm adhesion to become soft allowing easier removal. From here I wash it a minimum of 2 times a day applying a very small amount of lotion with clean hands whenever I feel it getting a little dry. Whew... Feel like im rambling on. Just giving my personal experience using the product but this will not apply to everyone. 
    • I watched it, but only because of a convergence of paths/opportunity, those being: a/ we happen to be in Houston this week b/ Nate Beavers posted about a 1st show preview party at the 8th Wonder Brewery c/ the 8th Wonder Brewery is about 12 minutes from our place here d/ they were raffling off prizes and free tattoos (! - which we did not win) Surprised this year that there will a couple of names I recognized, including Kelly Doty and Ryan and Matthew Murray. It was great meeting Nate, too. I wish him luck!
    • I hope he comes back sometime soon.  I had the chance to briefly talk with him when this video was taken and he was really cool.  I'm a nobody, just some guy who likes tattoos, and he was really friendly and down to earth, and he was super interested in my tattoos and asked all sorts of questions about them.  I thought it was great to meet somebody who has been involved with tattoos for pretty much his entire life and he still clearly loves them so much and still gets excited about them.
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics