The dreaded wait to be tattooed

slayer9019

• 2 weeks later...

My girlfriend and I are expecting a little one in December, so for the time being all of our "extra" money is getting stockpiled for baby stuff, and getting tattooed (including finishing my back with Zuck) is on hold for a while. Knowing that I'm doing what's best for my family mitigates the itch a lot, but every time I catch a glimpse of my back (or the rest of my mostly bare torso for that matter), I start doing the math in my head to try and figure out when I'll be able to afford to sit again.

a few weeks back, i booked some time with my boss to work on my chest again in July... time feels like it's passing quickly, until i realize it's 37 days. sounds like such a long time.

also, in reference to disapproval of one's significant other to tattoo subject matter: i'm very glad that when i asked my fiancee how she felt about me covering the fronts of my thighs in skulls/severed heads/peonies, she responded with her standard "As long as it's not your face" answer. and if anyone wants photos, they're unfortunately not started yet... more waiting.

Actually starting to feel the opposite way: I know I've only got one session left on my arm. It was started in September last year, and I'm putting off booking in that last session because I don't want it to be over. The monthly/two-monthly appointments have become a regular part of my routine and something I really look forward to. And I know once I'm done I'll have to go back to saving money, so no more tattoos for a while :(

Actually starting to feel the opposite way: I know I've only got one session left on my arm. It was started in September last year, and I'm putting off booking in that last session because I don't want it to be over. The monthly/two-monthly appointments have become a regular part of my routine and something I really look forward to. And I know once I'm done I'll have to go back to saving money, so no more tattoos for a while :(

Me being inbetween the 2nd and 3rd sittings (all 3 of which are inside of a 3 month time frame) I'm finding that "the dreaded wait for it to be complete" might be just as bad as the dreaded wait to get started. It's driving me nuts to have half finished work. I wanna see the finished product.

Ah cain't hep mahsef!

Not sure which day, but set-up 4 or 5 hours with Nick Colella for this coming week.

Funny thing is, I'm not even sure what we're gonna do! I've got 4 different projects we can pick from, all of them are pretty equal in priority-'cept the backpiece, I know that's gon take more ching than I got at this point!

Just hafta wait n see what he's in the mood to put on!

the thing about working with people who are really good, is you can get tattood anytime technically..but because of that lingering possibility, it doesnt happen as much as you would think. im suppose to get my palm done sometime in the next week tho if we have time between our appointments. a taurus energy field, which is just a bunch of overlapping perfect circles. really glad i didnt get asked to do it haha. altho im sure its going to suck.

• 3 weeks later...
only one more week and i get tattooed by chad k. and franz stefanik... can not wait.

I am getting tattooed by Chad at Cleveland convention as well...assuming that is what you are referring to. Going to be an amazing convention, so many great artists.

I just got the first session done on my back. I've been waiting a few years for this one, mainly because I wanted to save the $ to do it and find the right artist. Due to work and life it will probably be September or so before I can even think about going back for session 2.

I am getting tattooed by Chad at Cleveland convention as well...assuming that is what you are referring to. Going to be an amazing convention, so many great artists.

yep! i was lucky enough that he was able to squeeze me in friday evening since that's the only day i will be there. definitely should be a fun time!!

I just got the first session done on my back. I've been waiting a few years for this one, mainly because I wanted to save the $ to do it and find the right artist. Due to work and life it will probably be September or so before I can even think about going back for session 2.

Cool! What are you getting? Do you have any pics?

Cool! What are you getting? Do you have any pics?

No pics yet (it looks so gross healing). I'm getting the tattoo version of a painting that is very near and dear to my heart. It was the last thing my cousin painted before she passed away, its in no way perfect, and I love it because of that. I had to find an artist who was willing to include some of her technical mistakes. I will post pics once I get past the nasty scabbing pealing phase

No pics yet (it looks so gross healing). .... I will post pics once I get past the nasty scabbing pealing phase

I'm thinking maybe some collage art of fallen scabs...got to be SOME use for them other than littering the bathroom floor! I can always tell which section is healing by what color scabs are on the drain after my shower.

Now maybe THAT'S something a non-apprenticed type "artist" could do to get into the tattooing world!

Edited by Dan S
speling