aleksksks

How much would you tip an artist?

5 posts in this topic

So what do people think is an acceptable tip, both from a client's and an artist's point of view.

Also, would you tip after each session for a big tattoo which would take numerous sessions, would that influence the size of the tip, etc.

So what do people think is an acceptable tip, both from a client's and an artist's point of view.

Also, would you tip after each session for a big tattoo which would take numerous sessions, would that influence the size of the tip, etc.

It's been mentioned by the mods to not mention tips here

oh well, I guess that's the end of this thread then.

Best advice I can give you is tip what you feel is best.

Also remeber in general the tipping culture is different country to country reglardless of the service being provided

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts

• @Kurgana NO! You kidding me? Not sure where you are from, but there are artists in the UK, the USA and Europe that have totally bowled me over. As well as those extemely vivid print-types I also LOVE the fine line work of Thieves of Tower and Dr Woo, and check these out, by Asley Malarkey.

https://www.tattoodo.com/a/2015/12/the-precious-black-and-grey-tattoos-of-ryan-ashley-malarkey/

There is a Pope mouse, and also an owl there that are fabulous!

But I admit to really loving the work at Fallen Heroes - at least the stuff in the online portfolios. Thys ended up being my first choice because of the detail and intensity of his work. However, I find La's stuff really appealing too - and certainly if one wants a fairy-tale quality to it, I think... My other crush is Bryan: for something realist. In fact, I asked when he was next available as I was thinking of two hands holding each other against a night sky/galaxy. However, he is only available in February! (My appointment with Thys is booked for May :o ) So...I'm going to see if La is available earlier and hopefully start with the tree.
    • @Tiresius I know! I'm trying to be mindful of not wasting any precious space for things that are not "important" to me though. I guess what is holding me back potentially even more than the budget is the relative lack of access to artists I like, it seems like you'll have no such problems. I really like the work of most artists from the studio you linked, and yes, I also find La's work beautiful! I am not really qualified to judge technical aspects or how this sort of work will age, but I'd personally love to have a tattoo done by her. There are some great examples of tattoos that flow very nicely with the body in her portfolio (love, love, love the back tattoo with the lady's head where her hair morphs into a wolf). Please post us some pics when you end up getting tattooed so that I can die of envy ;).    
    • I haven't read this whole thread - so apologies if someone gave the answer to this earlier, but can one do lazer hair removal on an area that has been tattooed? I'm just wondering whether it would be better to  lazer an area for a few months before having a tattoo there. I wouldn't mind waiting a few months afterwards to ensure its healed BEFORE doing lazer hair removal, but don't want to find out it is no longer an option when its too late!
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics