Jesse has tattoos. He has a chestpiece, work in his legs if I remember correctly...

edit. You can see part of the chestpiece in this caricature

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/91000/Jesse-Smith-Caricature-from-Loose-Screw-Tattoo--91331.jpg

Well what do you know, he does have some tattoos.

I think I have more of an issue with the "human canvases" than any other issue.

I've had clients empathize with them- over poorly done tattoos etc., but my thinking is - they get what they ask for.

They voluntarily submit to being on the show without knowing which tattooist they will get tattooed by, and often don't even have much of a say about what they are getting.

So they get what they get and deserve it, imo! Really, just so they can be on tv?

Why don't they support their local tattooers?

I would not have much sympathy if one of my customers went on tv and was less than pleased with their tattoo.

I've had clients empathize with them- over poorly done tattoos etc., but my thinking is - they get what they ask for.

They voluntarily submit to being on the show without knowing which tattooist they will get tattooed by, and often don't even have much of a say about what they are getting.

So they get what they get and deserve it, imo - just so they can be on tv?

Why don't support their local tattooers?

I would not have much sympathy if one of my customers went on tv and was less than pleased with their tattoo.

Exactly. I don't have a friend who went on Inkmasters, but she is a server at a bar/music venue and was convinced to let some apprentice tattooer work on her. She came to the shop with kind of a jacked up chest piece and the tattoo she got was the only good tattoo she has. Well she got tattooed by apprentice, and she is unhappy, everytime i talk to her I try to downplay it, but she just keeps wanting to bring it up. I kind of feel like I'm not mad at her for not coming back to the shop, but since you gave your money to some hack instead of your friend you don't get the luxury of bitching about how you got a bad tattoo.

I feel like the human canvases represent all the pain in the ass cheap skate customers, and while I don't want anyone to get a shitty tattoo, I kind of like being able to say I told you so.

So they get what they get and deserve it, imo! Really, just so they can be on tv?

I can almost have sympathy for them on the first season with, I imagine, casting agents playing up the "best tattooers in America" angle, but if you've seen the quality of the tattoos and the judges pointing out what's wrong with them, so there aren't any excuses about not knowing about what is or isn't good, and you still apply? That said, the appalling tattoos on veterans episode bummed me out because those people deserved better.

Kinda like bare-backin' a bunch of Craigslist 'hos that have the clap... but by the 3rd show or so, you KNOW which one has the clap. From there, it all comes down to the luck of the draw.

Rob

They really need to get better tattooers. This season is much worse than last. Some of the abominations that have gone on the "human canvases" is just embarrassing. It's hard to believe that they can't find 16 people in the entire country that are capable of doing a decent (not even great) tattoo and will go on the show. At least find people that aren't bad. Also, they should eliminate the pin-up girl. Last season and this season the pinups SUCKED.

They really need to get better tattooers. This season is much worse than last. Some of the abominations that have gone on the "human canvases" is just embarrassing. It's hard to believe that they can't find 16 people in the entire country that are capable of doing a decent (not even great) tattoo and will go on the show. At least find people that aren't bad. Also, they should eliminate the pin-up girl. Last season and this season the pinups SUCKED.

For the drama angle, they gotta throw in a clinker or two and beat the crap out of them and eventually they get cut.

I feel the judges should have some say regarding a bad design before it gets inked on someone. I like pinups in general, again some of these artists need a little help. Any real shop will bounce ideas off other artists when they need another opinion.

Rob

This show would be a great for a new FAIL meme imo. The bad work is rampant. Is it a coincidence the following show is a tattoo cover-up show? I wonder if the human canvases have an opportunity to have the bad work repaired, covered, or lasered by an artist.

I'm a bit embarrassed by the drama of these so called self proclaimed artists in the waiting area. I know they are looking for the audience that watches shows as Jersey Shore for the drama but I dont know any artists or have any one in my circle of influence that acts like this. This show lost me long ago.

One more thing, wtf happened to Dave Navvaro? He WAS an incredible influence and insperation to many young musicians and now he sold out to reality shows? It would be one thing if he just hosted a legit Ink show without the drama and without the artificial insight of what good work is.

Can you forward me a link. I really want to see what they can say to the likes of Oliver

Not sure of a link but on Oliver pecks Instagram, find the small snake with elm st. That Clint guy commented on it.

Also Kay kutta puts a bunch of shit on his own pictures just about how the judges have no room to talk. He steadily puts out shit tattoos.

Not sure of a link but on Oliver pecks Instagram, find the small snake with elm st. That Clint guy commented on it.

Also Kay kutta puts a bunch of shit on his own pictures just about how the judges have no room to talk. He steadily puts out shit tattoos.

a link to the picture in question. I did laugh a bit at some of the comments, but it seems this happens on a few people's pictures.

INK361 - A web interface for Instagram and so much more.

a link to the picture in question. I did laugh a bit at some of the comments, but it seems this happens on a few people's pictures.

INK361 - A web interface for Instagram and so much more.

Clint seems to be his biggest and only fan. I'm sure I wouldn't react well if I was the one being called out, but clearly John Collins is a solid tattooer and painter, so calling him sub par just makes him look stupid.

If you haven't read this article from Cracked about the 5 Secrets of Making Reality TV it's a pretty interesting read and you can see a lot of those plot devices used very frequently in this show, like those terrible mish-mashed soundbites.

One thing I haven't seen posted here (and please forgive me if I missed it), but I'm curious what people think about this whole voting for your favorite tattoo thing they do after each episode. Do you think the typical Spike TV viewer would be able to accurately judge a piece based strictly on the information presented to them in each episode? Just curious what y'alls opinion is.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why I can't seem to stop watching this train wreck. It's like a two headed bug - as much as you want to step on it, you can't help but look.

Did anyone see that abomination of a dragon that Clint tattooed last night? Oliver said something like it looked like he shot the dragon and beat the shit out of it for six hours. It was God-awful. From a few feet away it looked like a big black blob. I don't know what I'd do if I had that on me.

As much as I know that the "human canvases" should know better, I have to feel a little sorry for someone that had that done to them. I'm not sure it's even fixable. He may have to have it lazered off and start over. Or as some people on here have said, have it covered up with a black bear eating licorice in a dark cave at night.

At least the crazy lady appears to have taken her meds before the show. After last week's complete breakdown, I was afraid for the three amigos. I thought her head was going to start spinning and she would start hurling pea soup, doing her best exorcist imitation. I was waiting for her to say, "Don't count me out and don't turn your backs if you do!!"