I dont know if Navarro thought up the idea for this show, and ran with it. But he, or they, should have had someone of tat knowledge do his judging, cause he is a moron. Hey, on guitar, he knows his stuff, but tattoo critique? They should have the winner from the season, sit in as a judge, on the next season. At least it would be a little more 'fair', and based on facts that are true to the profession. Just a thought. lol. OH, one more thing - TOO MUCH FRIKN DRAMA. this isn't 'survivor' or 'big brother'. That arrogant fool Joshua, even though entertaining in a comedy way, was a bit too much. LOL

Edited by thesandmanisme
typed wrong name

I dont know if Navarro thought up the idea for this show, and ran with it. But he, or they, should have had someone of tat knowledge do his judging, cause he is a moron. Hey, on guitar, he knows his stuff, but tattoo critique?

I think only tattoo artists should be judges on the show. I hate when they bring in some football player with scratcher level work or something, as though he would know anything about what makes a tattoo good. Same thing with Navarro, he's covered in shit, why would I care what he thinks?

In a faux reality world, anyone can be a judge. Its a tv show, the fact that everyone is talking about stuff like who should be a judge is proof that their brainwashing works. In actual reality, no one should be a judge. No one should be a "top tattooer" competing for tv producers ratings.

- - - Updated - - -

In a faux reality world, anyone can be a judge. Its a tv show, the fact that everyone is talking about stuff like who should be a judge is proof that their brainwashing works. In actual reality, no one should be a judge. No one should be a "top tattooer" competing for tv producers ratings.

Kill your TV

I think only tattoo artists should be judges on the show. I hate when they bring in some football player with scratcher level work or something, as though he would know anything about what makes a tattoo good. Same thing with Navarro, he's covered in shit, why would I care what he thinks?

I heard an artist say that every time Navarro had $50 burning a hole in his pocket, he got a tattoo. He'd be the last douche bag I'd care to hear a tattoo opinion from.

Rob

I cracked up when Navarro said something along the lines like "the canvas you will be tattooing today is VERY picky" everyone looks around all scared and surprised. And he says "ME". From the looks of it, you aren't picky at all. Then I think that terrible reality TV show horror sound came on. Had me slapping a knee.

I cracked up when Navarro said something along the lines like "the canvas you will be tattooing today is VERY picky" everyone looks around all scared and surprised. And he says "ME". From the looks of it, you aren't picky at all. Then I think that terrible reality TV show horror sound came on. Had me slapping a knee.

With some of those artists, you had to be picky as hell...

Rob

So Navarro has been hanging around the Suspension community, hanging from hooks* and generally making something with a pretty interesting history about himself.

I'm watching my friends make absolute asses of themselves sucking up to him. People who would hate Janes or RHCP's music but seem intoxicated by a celebrity paying attention to them.

And I told my girlfriend tonight that Ladyface was on the most recent season of Sons of Anarchy (we just started watching) and she japed "Why is it that he ruins every single thing that I love!"

*commentary on suspension and how you think it's icky isn't why I posted, so just look at this as another reason to think Ladyface is a douche.

I agree totally. At least bring in someone with a solid art background. This goes for the artists as well, I've seen some real shit artwork slapped on people on the show.

Rob

So Navarro has been hanging around the Suspension community, hanging from hooks* and generally making something with a pretty interesting history about himself.

I'm watching my friends make absolute asses of themselves sucking up to him. People who would hate Janes or RHCP's music but seem intoxicated by a celebrity paying attention to them.

And I told my girlfriend tonight that Ladyface was on the most recent season of Sons of Anarchy (we just started watching) and she japed "Why is it that he ruins every single thing that I love!"

*commentary on suspension and how you think it's icky isn't why I posted, so just look at this as another reason to think Ladyface is a douche.

And now it seems like Navarro is some kind of spokesman for suspension, if this Guardian article is anything to go by. Sorry Shawn.

And now it seems like Navarro is some kind of spokesman for suspension, if this Guardian article is anything to go by. Sorry Shawn.

He was given the phone number of a good friend of mine who's been a vocal detractor to his suspension whoreing, and called her to tell her it's hurting his feelings. Also he doesn't seem to like that I call him Ladyface.

• 4 weeks later...

Just curious, what don't you like about Chambers' work? I happen to like most of his stuff I wonder if I'm missing something.

For me, the biggest problem with Myke Chambers is that he's been tattooing for 20 years and his work looks the way it does. he dumbs down great traditional iconic images so that people who don't know traditional tattoos that well, will like them. he also uses the same stencils for every panther he does, so anyone with a panther from him in the last year or so has the same one, same shading same layout. there no variation in his work and i think it actually keeps getting worse.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys think this show is bad? Try watching the new Oxygen show "Tattoos After Dark." I watched it the other night because there was nothing on, and was horrified. It turns pretty much all types of body modification into a spectacle and is nothing but a bunch of crazy idiots getting various piercings and tattoos just to show the world how crazy they are. In the first two episodes, a woman got 26 microdermals on her butt, a guy got his balls pierced, a guy got a face tattoo, and a crazy cat lady got (what else) a mediocre cat tattoo while meowing the entire time. A fine example of art taking a distant backseat to crazy personalities...the only thing this show has going for it is it might help people realize how not to act/what not to get when they walk into a shop. Or it could give stupid people bad ideas. Not to mention at least half the show is obviously scripted and filled with bad actors.

I feel like every time I turn on the tv there's some new show and they are all fucking horrible. Best Ink, Tattoos After Dark, Black Ink Crew, that one with the two doofuses in Vegas...Say what you will about Ink Master, but at least there's a slight shred of credibility with Oliver, Nunez, and some killer judges.

I think Best Ink has some judge credibility to be fair big Joe Capo is a scary bastard and Hannah Aitchison is awesome and the blond lassie has better tattoos than ladyface. No idea who the guy is or who his band are some teenie emo thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like every time I turn on the tv there's some new show and they are all fucking horrible. Best Ink, Tattoos After Dark, Black Ink Crew, that one with the two doofuses in Vegas...Say what you will about Ink Master, but at least there's a slight shred of credibility with Oliver, Nunez, and some killer judges.

I think Best Ink has some judge credibility to be fair big Joe Capo is a scary bastard and Hannah Aitchison is awesome and the blond lassie has better tattoos than ladyface. No idea who the guy is or who his band are some teenie emo thing.

- - - Updated - - -

The band is fall out boy, actually a pretty good band. But that doesnt qualify him to judge or host a tattoo show.