Least painful spot for a tattoo

Lochlan

I think the biggest take away of this thread is how differently people experience tattoos.

I thought my full-thigh tattoo was more painful than most of the sessions I had on my ribs/torso.

Add the variables of size, length of sit, style/detail, efficiency of the tattooer (BTW can we start a thread on how much worse the wiping is than the actual tattooing during a long sit?) and I really believe you can't take anyone's word for how "bad" or "easy" any one spot is going to be.

This is a pretty good thread. Lot of thought here.

I guess the wipe would irritate more, and of course the factors of what kind of machines you might be running, the skill level of the artist (and by that I don`t mean how she/he can draw. I mean the art of applying a colored wound) and where your mind is too.

Maybe that`s really it. Where is your head at?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I haven't have much spots tattooed yet, but the least painful was definitely inner forearm, I could easily sit for two more hours. Some parts of my back were easy too (I say SOME, the rest belongs to that other thread).

What I really hate are pauses, because my skin has time to realize what is happening to it and the tattooing again after a pause stings and hurts much more.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...