Who are your Inkmasters

there are sooo many well rounded tattooers out there. so many will be left out. id like to see someone post someones name that no one ever talks about

Michael Bergfalk Just recently moved to Salt Lake City from Arizona. He is now working at my friend Oak Adam's shop, Painted Temple. This guy seems to be pretty well rounded. He has a lot more of his Japanese and portraits on his facebook instead of his website. I don't think anyone can truly master all styles but there are definitely some really well rounded tattooers out there.

How about these guy's.

Brian MacNeil@ Stars and Dots Tattoo

Mark Van Ness@ Oak City Tattoos and Piercings - Raleigh, NC

Eric Ziobrowski

I Did some of my first tattooing on Eric. He's an very old good friend of my. We went to college together and I believe he was the piercer at cliff's. And he knew how to set up a machine so I went to work he learned to tattoo about a year after me and became a great tattooer

Since no Australians have been mentioned yet, I'll add Matt Cunnington Owner/Tattooer from Westside in Brisbane. I wish I could find more photos of his stuff to accurately back up my vote but it this link should help some what

Tattoos by Matt Cunnington | Facebook

Someone earlier in the thread said that an 'Inkmaster' or a true all rounder is a 'dream' or something? I politely beg to differ, especially with some of the 20 year + guys and gals. They didn't have the option to 'choose a style' or turn down work, so many had to and got proficient at being able to tattoo whatever style walked through their door. Yes, it's rarer these days but still not unheard of.

Yeah I couldn't argue with either of those guys. I was going to Say Dan Gilsdorf and Lewis Hess but they don't have the right number of letters. When I think of Dan Gilsdorf, traditional tattooing comes to mind but seeing some of the work he does in other realms in person and his portfolio makes me think he is about as perfect as of a tattooer as there is. Lewis Hess puts on solid tattoos of all kinds and whenever someone suggests something a little wacky, he is the guy who comes to mind that could pull it off.

I came in here to say Gilsdorf too. Also Cory Lenherr.

My .02-I do think a tattooer should be well-rounded and technically capable in all styles, but with the sheer amount of great tattooers in each style, why would you need one guy to do all those styles? Why would you go to Tim Hendricks for anything but an incredible black and grey tattoo? Or Chris O'Donnell or Trevino for Japanese? There's just so many people tattooing today, I don't think the way to stay ahead is to spread yourself across every style, but to choose one and excel.

That may be a thread in itself, but I couldn't see going to one tattooer for every single idea I have.

@irezumi or @G.Uristti - do either of you know if Owen is still traveling or if he's back home yet?

Edit: Searched the interwebs and apparently he is and has opened a new studio in Melbourne. This is his personal site Owen Williams

Also found this old interview with him which is pretty amusing Come back when you're serious, Owen Williams! - THE TATTOOED HEART

Guest lukemuller

also other australians like Judd Ripley Judd Ripley in copenhagen is a great allrounder. Andrew McLeod at chapel tattoo melbourne Australia great trd and japanese work. For me there is too many to list, lots i like have already been mentioned.

Since no Australians have been mentioned yet, I'll add Matt Cunnington Owner/Tattooer from Westside in Brisbane. I wish I could find more photos of his stuff to accurately back up my vote but it this link should help some what

Someone earlier in the thread said that an 'Inkmaster' or a true all rounder is a 'dream' or something? I politely beg to differ, especially with some of the 20 year + guys and gals. They didn't have the option to 'choose a style' or turn down work, so many had to and got proficient at being able to tattoo whatever style walked through their door. Yes, it's rarer these days but still not unheard of.