Jack

Songs About Tattoos

31 posts in this topic

They don't have to be good, or even anything you like. Just seeing the kinds of music that gets made about tattoos.

This is the song that got me thinking about it. WARNING: It will get stuck in your head...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCLTOazwbNY

JAllen likes this

Definitely the theme song to the television show Inked. It was written, performed and produced by Brahm Taylor and Marc Kaducak. Cough.

Tattoo Vampire by the one the only BLUE OYSTER CULT.

Other than that.....i dont think I know any others worth a damn.

That new Van Halen song is god awful. I love me some David Lee Roth but cot damn..

Shmitty likes this

tattoo tattoo

sexy dragon magic

tattoo tattoo

so very autobiographic

David Lee Roth lyrical genius on their new song 'tattoo'. This is why Legendary bands should just stay legendary and not release new material. Not good, not good at all.

gougetheeyes and Hunter Morrow like this

The Rose Tattoo song is reference to this great lil Aussie battler -Tony Cohen.

JAllen likes this

That new Van Halen song is god awful. I love me some David Lee Roth but cot damn..

it is times like this that I wish we could "favorite" comments

I'm suprised no one's posted this gem yet

I feel empty inside.

I have a left-field contribution: "Johnsburg, Illinois" by Tom Waits. At about a minute and a half, t's one of the shortest songs around, but I've always loved it. I sing it to my daughter often.

http://youtu.be/azD2Q5FudBE

Here are the lyrics (with the tattoo reference in bold):

She's my only true love, she's all that I think of

Look here in my wallet, that's her

She grew up on a farm there, there's a place on my arm where

I've written her name next to mine

See I just can't live without her, and I'm her only boy

She grew up outside McHenry in Johnsburg, Illinois

Makes me wonder who did Tom's tattoos:

fronttn.jpg

waits1.jpg

I'm suprised no one's posted this gem yet

any way we can vote this as the LST theme song?.. have it come on automatically everytime you open a new LST page... and hide the stop/pause/mute button.

gem indeed.

Just heard a hip hop one today by Wiz Khalifa. Not sure what its called but the song seemed to be 100% about tattoos. Sorry

As much money as this guy has, he has some really bad tattoos: