Jack

Chest/Torso Tattoos

282 posts in this topic

I searched and couldn't find anything. What stuff has been blowing your mind lately? (other than the fact that there hasn't been a thread about this yet)

382700_364179180264743_100000179938587_1627400_1438864536_n.jpg

Matt Mooney

pheasant.jpg?w=450&h=600

Ron Henry Wells

20110506-151300.jpg?w=470

Chad Koeplinger

Lotus, chrislj54, MGblues and 11 others like this

I think any large scale Thomas Hooper work is mind boggling. Especially the large pattern work. I find my self wondering how many times was the stencil laid? How many stencils? If their were several stencil what parts did he draw in? And then once you have all that on, just make the lines right? Seriously amazing stuff.

CALLING @Iwar!

Along those lines, I really love seeing those torso tattoos that almost look too big for the space.

Cool thread!

That first piece is killer, but her right hand and left arm looks a little bit strange to me. Maybe just the picture, or maybe just me... I don't know. The piece as a whole looks really bad-ass though!

Most of you have already seen my front piece, but I found a better picture of it on Marius' blog a while back, so here's to those who haven't seen it already (sorry about the insane size of the photo)

ivarr-659x1024.jpg

Jake, Kev, ian and 32 others like this

I see what you mean about her left arm in the first post, but I'm thinking the dudes chesticles might have distorted it

AlannaCA likes this

I see what you mean about her left arm in the first post, but I'm thinking the dudes chesticles might have distorted it

If the moon is behind the building, what's the blue light source on her hands?

I was just talking about the bend in her arm looking all wonky, but now that I go back and look that makes no sense either.

Iwar your eagle and snake is wicked.

I am\was going to get my old rubbish covered up and my arms done only, i will get an eagle but am now think it needs to be on my chest.....:eek:

I'm still lovin' font on the chest.. Have yet to come up with something worthy of my collar though.

Where were you on the night of September 14th, 1983?

wtf.jpg

Pleadco, 67olds and AlannaCA like this

Damn that is killer, you have some great work from Hooper.

Ive been trying to total it, but I started in June 2010 and we got this far June 2011 and kinda have put it off to start a sleeve but I think this year we are going to complete it. I know the outline took 5 hrs and then shading is about 5ish with about 2-3 more hours to go.

CultExciter likes this

Things like this are why I want Chad to do my back...his big work almost always rules.