Christian tattoo artists?

chrislj54

I know there are a lot of tattoo artists who do beautiful Christian themed tattoos including Jesus, Mary crosses and what not. Does anyone know of any artists who are Christian? I was just wondering.

Yes I am and my God is bigger than your God!

I'm a Christian but generally separate myself from the church. I think you have to these days. I believe in God more than in His people and feel like, collectively, they don't necessarily represent Him, much less me. For example, I don't want to be lumped in with homophobes, bigots and warmongers or have them speak for me. Sorry for the mini-rant but it's a distinction worth making these days.

To bring it around to tattoos, I'm fortunate enough to work for/with people who know what I'm about. I'm happy to do tattoos for people that represent other faiths/religions or even darkness and evil, but I don't do anything overtly sacrilegious/antichristian. I celebrate people's ability to get what they want but they won't get it from me. I'll pass it on to my coworker if I'm not into it. I just don't want to make my money doing things that go directly against me or my beliefs like upside-down crosses or Baphomet pentagrams, for example. I hope this doesn't start a debate about imagery. I just do what I can feel good about at the end of the day.

Mav Mess at Deluxe Tattoo, Portland Oregon, a devout christian and a great tattooer and only one state away from you.

I appreciate the response I am planning on going to Portland for my next tattoo I was leading towards Dan Gilsdorf if it works out.

I appreciate the response I am planning on going to Portland for my next tattoo I was leading towards Dan Gilsdorf if it works out.

Dan is tattooing in Oakland and San Francisco right now out of Blackheart and Tattoo 13. He comes back to Portland from time to time but don't think he is taking any new clients if that makes sense.

Not an artist, but "born again/baptist" christian. But yeah, I don't go to church and I don't thump bibles on peoples head (usually I just straight up punch or gibs slap people) Pretty sure most of my friends don't even know unless they grew up with me. I think the only time I really get into religious stuff is if some one specifically asks. Don't know many artists that I've heard of in my area being Christians.