Band or song tattoo(s)?

Lochlan

• 1 month later...

xjamestravisx, thanks for being the first to respond to this posting! I know Matt Skiba has tattooed the Alkaline Trio heart logo on a few people close to him. It is amazing how many people have been inspired by the lyrical genius of many of their songs yet at the same timemany people are not too familiar with them. I personally think he is one of top twenty best lyricist music has seen for awhile. Have you ever heard the split he, Matt Skiba, did with Kevin Seconds?

Yea man, his side, and Kevins side are both really fucking cool. I know a lot of people that say all Matt's songs on that split sound like "Sorry About That." I'm okay with that.

Sweet Smiths collection. They are the best. Ever.

Dude- I think all of Matt's songs are just the same 4 songs written over and over again. And usually, I'm ok with that too.

I have a few band tattoos, mostly punk / hardcore related.

I have Judge hammers in a shield carried by a green and purple eagle done by Seth Wood.

Coffin with a stake in it and a banner that says FVK (Bad Brains).

I have my dog with crossbones underneath it that says Its The Limit (Cro-Mags).

Gimme Shelter in script on my wrist (Stones).

A panda bear holding a coke bottle in each hand that says "Coca-Cola we dont drink no booze" (Last Rights).

A sheep head with banners that say "Out of step with the world" by Grez.

Bob Marley's head with wings floating around a winged lion done by Chad Koeplinger.

A couple other Bad Brains inspired "lightning striking" pieces.

IMG00197.jpg

fvk.jpg

i have one band inspired tattoo but now that Dan's on here i'm not going to post about it haha.

however, i do want a solid sleeve (i'm thinking leg since i'm pretty short and my arms have limited space) of song lyric inspired tattoos. i'll do a blog post about it so no one has to deal with my cheesiness.

and no one can beat Dan's "out of step" tattoo. i wish he had posted it.

I enjoy the originality and quality in all the above band tattoos. This topic/thread was silent for awhile and I was perplexed as for me music has been so important in my life like a sibling if you will and know that it has been similar for a lot of other people as well so thanks! Keep it coming........

I have a few band tattoos, mostly punk / hardcore related.

I have Judge hammers in a shield carried by a green and purple eagle done by Seth Wood.

Coffin with a stake in it and a banner that says FVK (Bad Brains).

I have my dog with crossbones underneath it that says Its The Limit (Cro-Mags).

Gimme Shelter in script on my wrist (Stones).

A panda bear holding a coke bottle in each hand that says "Coca-Cola we dont drink no booze" (Last Rights).

A sheep head with banners that say "Out of step with the world" by Grez.

Bob Marley's head with wings floating around a winged lion done by Chad Koeplinger.

A couple other Bad Brains inspired "lightning striking" pieces.

IMG00197.jpg

fvk.jpg

some serious straight edge tattoos, great. i got a "straight edge" lettering by jack rudy.......so i never quit

the original singer of the dead milkmen lives up here in spokane..moved up here a long time ago, sadly he has parkinsons disease really bad..he used to come into the shop i worked at and get tattooed with important memories of his life...cbgb...dm...cool jew..stuff like that...well we were grabbing drinks one day after he got tattooed and asked if he would tattoo the dm logo on us...well after a few more drinks he was in....said it was the coolest thing that has happened to him in a long ass time...haven't seen him in awhile so hopefully he is still around and kickin...great guy with cool ass stories..here's a pic of his first tattoo ever...40743_1204274923354_1723073924_404750_5173774_n.jpg

the original singer of the dead milkmen lives up here in spokane..moved up here a long time ago, sadly he has parkinsons disease really bad..he used to come into the shop i worked at and get tattooed with important memories of his life...cbgb...dm...cool jew..stuff like that...well we were grabbing drinks one day after he got tattooed and asked if he would tattoo the dm logo on us...well after a few more drinks he was in....said it was the coolest thing that has happened to him in a long ass time...haven't seen him in awhile so hopefully he is still around and kickin...great guy with cool ass stories..here's a pic of his first tattoo ever...40743_1204274923354_1723073924_404750_5173774_n.jpg

That is a great story, thanks. Dead Milkmen were a great overlooked band.