robbers spare victim because he tattoos!

Scott R

crazy video - you guys ever seen that show hardcore Pawn? set in Detroit..pretty much any episode you watch you are guaranteed someone is going to flip out - trashy yet addictive

Started watching that one evening, ended up watching almost two hours of it! You're right, it's addictive. I've driven by that place I don't know how many times, gotta stop in next time I do.

What I always wondered, what would happen if this guy Gold didn't have all the security guys around? Used to go into the pawn shops that at one time were all over Chicago, there was actually one about next-door to CTC when they were at 922 Belmont, and it was always just one guy, maybe two...but you knew there was a shotgun pointed at you under the counter.

Detroit...what else can ya say?

Guy that got jacked did have at least two pieces, but yeah, it wouldn't instill confidence in me to get tattooed by him!

I agree. I had an interview at a shop a couple years ago in the summer. The gentleman were wearing sleeveless shirts and shorts. One guy had a skull cheese work thing on the deltoid the other guy had some little crap on his hands. That's it. I did not take the job strictly based on that. Just felt they were not in it for the same reasons . And the one guy had flip flops on. Nothing against flip flops, they're comfortable and all, I just would not wear them to work.

• 5 months later...
crazy video - you guys ever seen that show hardcore Pawn? set in Detroit..pretty much any episode you watch you are guaranteed someone is going to flip out - trashy yet addictive
Started watching that one evening, ended up watching almost two hours of it! You're right, it's addictive. I've driven by that place I don't know how many times, gotta stop in next time I do.

What I always wondered, what would happen if this guy Gold didn't have all the security guys around? Used to go into the pawn shops that at one time were all over Chicago, there was actually one about next-door to CTC when they were at 922 Belmont, and it was always just one guy, maybe two...but you knew there was a shotgun pointed at you under the counter.

I have been in there a few times, the first was just for novelty. the other times just because they do have some cool shit in there even with some ridiculous prices lol

I have been in there a few times, the first was just for novelty. the other times just because they do have some cool shit in there even with some ridiculous prices lol

My kid tells me they are going to go on-air with "Hardcore Pawn Chicago"...should be interesting!

LOL, I live about 20 minutes from the one here in detroit (which it isnt really "in" detroit... very outskirts of anyhow) and the owner shops at my work (costco) all the time, talk about true life douche bag!!!!

Always get a chuckle out of 'em talking about "big bad Eight-Mile" like it was the heart-o-the ghetto or like that.

you better watch out for -12 mile though, that place is worse than a coke favella in the middle of the Watts riots being invaded by vikings on angel dust... worst vacation ever, was not worth the hassle.

- - - Updated - - -

Side note, those kids are gonna end up dead if they don't cut that shit out. Real quick.

Side note, those kids are gonna end up dead if they don't cut that shit out. Real quick.

I remember seeing this in the news and I am pretty sure they have since been caught.. and that is nothing new in that area. kids are out of control these days!

12 Mile...Armenian bangers and suburban wannabe's!

Detroit isn't that bad, believe it or not, I actually kida like it there. You just gotta know what you're about, but it's no worse than parts of the SS in Chi, or Gary. If you're looking for some urban homesteading, shit, bring your shotgun, that's the place!

12 Mile...Armenian bangers and suburban wannabe's!

WIN!!!! Except its more like 10 mile!!!!

My whole family is from Detroit....Lets be honest...it is the worst, most completely fucked city in this country.

it is bad, in some areas... but what major city isn't? L.A.? Chicago? Atlanta? Cincinnati? I mean really your just picking on it because of what people say and think they know... in some areas of Detroit it is one of the most beautiful places in the world. but you just cant be in the wrong area! we have less street gangs in Detroit than any major city in California. I do not live nor Do I claim living in Detroit. but I do not live far and it is not what most peoples screwed up minds vision it to be

WIN!!!! Except its more like 10 mile!!!!

it is bad, in some areas... but what major city isn't? L.A.? Chicago? Atlanta? Cincinnati? I mean really your just picking on it because of what people say and think they know... in some areas of Detroit it is one of the most beautiful places in the world. but you just cant be in the wrong area! we have less street gangs in Detroit than any major city in California. I do not live nor Do I claim living in Detroit. but I do not live far and it is not what most peoples screwed up minds vision it to be

Downtown Detroit is beautiful. Or is that ghetto-fabulous?! Either way, nothing wrong with it. I'd sooner walk Grand River to Telegraph from Washington Boul to Farmington Hills than walk up Halsted from 79th to 47th in the Chi, and I grew-up on 31st St.! People have heard so many urban legends about Detroit that they allow them to color their thinking. Do it have ghetto? Oh yeah. Is it one huge urban wasteland populated by flesh-eating crack-zombies? No. At least, not most of it.

Same with Scary Gary. Everyone thinks of it way up ojn the list of dysfunctional cities, and it is, really, much worse than Detroit, but there's still a lot of kool things going on there, and good places to be. If you know how. I highly recommend Mr. Kenny's Chicken on Broadway, down around 62nd St., on the edge of Merrilville.

• 3 weeks later...