Good walk-in shops in NYC

So the itch to get tattooed is getting unbearable waiting for my next session and want to pick up something kinda small in the NJ-NYC area. Any good suggestions?

I already know Smith Street is awesome but any other suggestions? (also any local artists chime in if you want).

I also remember Thicker than Water being mentioned

Designs By Michael Angelo (Mike Perfetto)

Eric Jones: The ‘Perfetto’ Experience of a Lifetime « TAM Blog

@Bunny Switchblade can attest to his awesomeness.

Wow, I just saw that @kylegrey and I were on the same wavelength.

Wow looks like a fun shop and a cool guy! Might have to swing by!

I am definitely looking for a walk in point to flash and get tattooed in the same day experience. I like getting custom pieces and going to custom shops but I feel I need that on-the-spot tattoo experience.

Going to Mike Perfetto's is an experience you should do at least once in your life.The only drawback,is that he opens at 4pm,and there's usually people already waiting there to be first in line.It's more like an all day thing,then just walking in off the street and getting tattooed.It's better to go with a friend and make a day out of it.

If your in N.Jersey,check out POWERHOUSE TATTOO CO. and http://www.jerseycitytattoo.com/

Another good shop that's out of the way is IMMORTAL INK OFFICIAL WEBSITE in Clinton..They have a real nice shop,with plenty of capable tattooers.You should be able to get a walk-in there too.

So the itch to get tattooed is getting unbearable waiting for my next session and want to pick up something kinda small in the NJ-NYC area. Any good suggestions?

I already know Smith Street is awesome but any other suggestions? (also any local artists chime in if you want).

I also remember Thicker than Water being mentioned

come on by we'd love to tattoo you

-ttw

Going to Mike Perfetto's is an experience you should do at least once in your life.The only drawback,is that he opens at 4pm,and there's usually people already waiting there to be first in line.It's more like an all day thing,then just walking in off the street and getting tattooed.It's better to go with a friend and make a day out of it.

If your in N.Jersey,check out POWERHOUSE TATTOO CO. and http://www.jerseycitytattoo.com/

Another good shop that's out of the way is IMMORTAL INK OFFICIAL WEBSITE in Clinton..They have a real nice shop,with plenty of capable tattooers.You should be able to get a walk-in there too.

Haha powerhouse is down the street from me. I knew it sounded familiar. Never actually walked in there

Haha powerhouse is down the street from me. I knew it sounded familiar. Never actually walked in there

I didn't realize Krooked Ken also worked at a shop in NJ, that's pretty cool. NJ/NY people are spoiled, living blocks from tattoo shops with artists like Krooked Ken and not even realizing it. Not to mention the plethora of amazing artists and shops in that area, ugh, I'm just jealous. Though, I can't say that I'd be particularly fond of living in NYC.

I didn't realize Krooked Ken also worked at a shop in NJ, that's pretty cool. NJ/NY people are spoiled, living blocks from tattoo shops with artists like Krooked Ken and not even realizing it. Not to mention the plethora of amazing artists and shops in that area, ugh, I'm just jealous. Though, I can't say that I'd be particularly fond of living in NYC.

Yea I do realized we are spoiled. With the convenience does come the insane downsides to the area though.

Pros

24/7 deliver of ANYTHING (groceries, car parts, even the not so legal stuff)

A place to get/do anything you can dream up

Food food food!

Cons

Insane rent/housing costs

Traffic

Cost of insurance

Tiny living quarters

Too many fuckin people

Gun laws blow

Man...i love to visit NYC and get tattooed but none of those PROS make the CONS worth it. But its a short 6-9hr train/bus ride away. Plus..yea I bought 4 guns this year and waited 5-10mins to pick them up after the paper work is done..moving to NY would make some of these illegal (i think)

All the ones id suggest are listed already. But, Ive been liking some of John Povertys tattoos he works at Goose tattoo. Goose Tattoo / Brooklyn / Tattoo Portfolio of John Poverty

also....getting tattooed by krooked ken would be great.

Man...i love to visit NYC and get tattooed but none of those PROS make the CONS worth it. But its a short 6-9hr train/bus ride away. Plus..yea I bought 4 guns this year and waited 5-10mins to pick them up after the paper work is done..moving to NY would make some of these illegal (i think)

All the ones id suggest are listed already. But, Ive been liking some of John Povertys tattoos he works at Goose tattoo. Goose Tattoo / Brooklyn / Tattoo Portfolio of John Poverty

also....getting tattooed by krooked ken would be great.

I can't live without the pros I listed. Traveling for work makes me go insane because the food always sucks, everything closes early and I LOVE getting shit delivered because I am lazy on the weekends.

I would only move to either SF or a state with "will issue" CCW/Open carry.

Also rule of thumb is if it's a gun its illegal in NJ/Cali/IL/DC/NYC. There are ways around it but DAMN does it suck as a gun collector

Yeah, I don't care about the gun laws, as they scare the shit out of me anyways, but the number of people, the high prices, and the fast pace all seem really terrible. Given that, I'll likely be applying to NYU for my PhD in the upcoming application season, but only because it has an excellent program with people who do research in my area.

I can't live without the pros I listed. Traveling for work makes me go insane because the food always sucks, everything closes early and I LOVE getting shit delivered because I am lazy on the weekends.

Also rule of thumb is if it's a gun its illegal in NJ/Cali/IL/DC/NYC. There are ways around it but DAMN does it suck as a gun collector

We have consitutional carry...if you own it, carry it. The food in NY is great tho I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I don't care about the gun laws, as they scare the shit out of me anyways, but the number of people, the high prices, and the fast pace all seem really terrible. Given that, I'll likely be applying to NYU for my PhD in the upcoming application season, but only because it has an excellent program with people who do research in my area.

Not to further de-rail the topic but what are you getting your degree in?

Not nearly as big as NYC or SF, but have you tried New Orleans?

"New York's effective rents rose at a rapid 1.7 percent clip from the previous quarter and 3.9 percent from a year earlier. The average renter's effective monthly tab of $2,935 beats the second-most expensive city, San Francisco, by over $1,000."

Kills any hope of me moving to either place:(

My gf and I are going to NYC after the summer and totally want to get some tattoo. We're just thinking of stopping by Thicker Than Water, as they have some great talent and we're gonna be spending some time in the specific neighborhoo but if anybody can suggest anything else...

We're gonna be staying in Queens, cool shops besides True Blue and Top Shelf?