Good walk-in shops in NYC

yeah....the Mike Perfetto thing is kind of an all day experience BUT if you are like 4-5 on the list then you can always leave and come back as long as you are there when it is time to get tattooed! He's not that far away from some good pizza and some cool little shops all within a 5 -10 minute walk (that's what we did)

I was #6 on the list....I got there around 4pm and didn't get tattooed til almost 10:30pm!

BUT....I had a blast there....walking up around the corner and getting some awesome food....Tony Polito stopped by to hang out with me.....talked to the other customers and everyone was cool! In fact there was a regular there that had work from Coney Island Freddie (Mike's uncle....I think) as well as some work from Brooklyn Blackie!

It was definitely an awesome experience...and probably the closest experience to how it really was 30+ years ago!

I think Mike opens the door earlier than 4pm so that people can sign the list.....maybe around 1-2pm if I remember right....but he doesn;t start tattooing until 4pm! Just call the shop and ask if you want!

Also think about getting tattooed by Steve Delgatto who isn't too far away!

Krooked Ken is a co-owner of Powerhouse Tattoo and he was tattooing there pretty regularly when they opened the doors.....you should def call and see when he is tattooing there again! Ken does very clean work!

Can't imagine anyone at Powerhouse not being a solid artist!

Yeah....you guys around the NYC area have a plethora of incredible tattoo artist to choose from!

Either Mario or Nick at CTC, depending on who is available will change what I decide to get.

nice. i'd love to get tattooed by nick. dude does such quality tattoos.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah....the Mike Perfetto thing is kind of an all day experience BUT if you are like 4-5 on the list then you can always leave and come back as long as you are there when it is time to get tattooed! He's not that far away from some good pizza and some cool little shops all within a 5 -10 minute walk (that's what we did)

I was #6 on the list....I got there around 4pm and didn't get tattooed til almost 10:30pm!

BUT....I had a blast there....walking up around the corner and getting some awesome food....Tony Polito stopped by to hang out with me.....talked to the other customers and everyone was cool! In fact there was a regular there that had work from Coney Island Freddie (Mike's uncle....I think) as well as some work from Brooklyn Blackie!

It was definitely an awesome experience...and probably the closest experience to how it really was 30+ years ago!

I think Mike opens the door earlier than 4pm so that people can sign the list.....maybe around 1-2pm if I remember right....but he doesn;t start tattooing until 4pm! Just call the shop and ask if you want!

Also think about getting tattooed by Steve Delgatto who isn't too far away!

Krooked Ken is a co-owner of Powerhouse Tattoo and he was tattooing there pretty regularly when they opened the doors.....you should def call and see when he is tattooing there again! Ken does very clean work!

Can't imagine anyone at Powerhouse not being a solid artist!

Yeah....you guys around the NYC area have a plethora of incredible tattoo artist to choose from!

when i got tattooed by ken last year, he told me that he doesn't regularly tattoo at powerhouse. that might've changed since then, though.

Either Mario or Nick at CTC, depending on who is available will change what I decide to get.

You know how I feel about their work, so I won't beat an expired draft animal, but don't rule out Dave McNair or Mike Dalton-both incredible talents.

Flyrite in W'burg, Three Kings in Greenpoint, True Blue in Queens (only shop I've visited in Queens).. Lots more. TTW seems to keep up for the walk-ins. I'm less familiar with Manhattan. But there's a ton in the west village! winkwinknudgenudge.

I live within walking distance of True Blue, and i've never been. Now i've gotta go check it out.