Tiger tattoos

Lochlan

The Panther Tattoos thread is going greatand some of the past few responses have been including tiger tattoos so thought I would start a tiger tattoos thread:

Who does/did the best tiger flash and why?

Who does/did the best tiger tattoos and why?

Is your preference a tiger head or whole tiger tattoo?

How about some tiger tattoo pictures?

What makes or breaks a good tiger tattoo?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I had a consultation with Tim Lehi on Saturday for two tigers on my ribs and torso. In my humble opinion, no one can touch his tigers. I am ridiculously excited about this.

First session is this Saturday! I'm still excited, but also a little nervous. Something tells me my eyes are gonna bug out when I see what he's drawn up. Mostly from how awesome it's gonna look, but also from how big it's probably gonna be. But fuck it--I can't wait!

And Scott, you have permission to laugh at me when I'm hating life halfway through it.

Back in 1981 I did a tiger tattoo that won an award at that years National Convention. In those days the only magaziines covering tattooing were Easy Rider and nude mens magazines. So a picture of it ends up in OUI magazine. I come to San Francisco on my first visit to get tattooed by Greg Irons at Henry Goldfields Shop on Broadway. I walk in and see Henry call to him, as we had never met. I say Hello I am Shotsie Gorman. You are him he says Wait a minute I have something for you. He reaches into a drawer and pulls out a small object which he throws across the room in my direction. " What the Fuck is this "I say and there on the floor are a stack of cut out pictures from OUI magazine of the tiger I did bound together in rubber bands. "Every asshole sailor that comes through that door has asked for that tattoo and your the fucking pain in the ass that did it!" My first meeting with the great Henry Goldfield!

I say Hello I am Shotsie Gorman. You are him he says Wait a minute I have something for you. He reaches into a drawer and pulls out a small object which he throws across the room in my direction. " What the Fuck is this "I say and there on the floor are a stack of cut out pictures from OUI magazine of the tiger I did bound together in rubber bands. "Every asshole sailor that comes through that door has asked for that tattoo and your the fucking pain in the ass that did it!"

I love it!

• 2 weeks later...

all the best can be traced straight back to Ed hardy. when it comes to tigers and eagles Ed pretty much set the standard. thats my opinion anyways.

there are a lot of folks doing awesome looking cats but if i had to pick the best of the best of the best i would have to say

Ed Hardy

Chris Trevino

Tim Lehi

Jason brooks

Mike wilson

Chris garver

all the best can be traced straight back to Ed hardy. when it comes to tigers and eagles Ed pretty much set the standard. thats my opinion anyways.

there are a lot of folks doing awesome looking cats but if i had to pick the best of the best of the best i would have to say

Ed Hardy

Chris Trevino

Tim Lehi

Jason brooks

Mike wilson

Chris garver

Did you see the little pointer finger Tiger tattoo Chris Garver had all over twitter yesterday? Or did anyone else? Pretty sick!

Hogg, how was the first sitting of your tiger rib tattoo by Tim Lehi?

Oof...let's just say that the drawing was almost twice as big as I thought it would be! Not so much a "rib tattoo" as a "rib/stomach/any remaining space on my torso/between my chest tattoos" piece." But hey, go big or go home, as the kids say. Parts of it come dangerously close to my nipples, navel, and armpits. The one saving grace is that Tim is fast. My next appointment is 1/29. Feel free to stop by and laugh at me, Lochlan. :)

Oof...let's just say that the drawing was almost twice as big as I thought it would be! Not so much a "rib tattoo" as a "rib/stomach/any remaining space on my torso/between my chest tattoos" piece." But hey, go big or go home, as the kids say. Parts of it come dangerously close to my nipples, navel, and armpits. The one saving grace is that Tim is fast. My next appointment is 1/29. Feel free to stop by and laugh at me, Lochlan. :)

haha, I'm sure Scott was enjoying it from the otherside of the wall?! Tim is very fast which I can only imagine is a relief due to the size and placement. Speaking of which was his name mentioned in the Fastest Tattooer thread? I look forward to seeing it! Send me a PM with the time and if I am around would enjoy swinging by Blackheart.