Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

A friend is the motorcycle advocate for Garza Law. They have purchased Thunder Roads TN/KY and she wanted the inaugural issue to display the diversity of riders and rides. Asked me to have my '78 cafe-styled GoldWing rescue as one of their cover bikes. Wednesday evening was their release party and a great time. If you are in TN/KY, stop off at a motorcycle-related business and check out a copy. It is also online at: https://issuu.com/thunderroads8/docs/thunder_roads_tn_ky_web_pdf?fbclid=IwAR3n1tvTaAUbeAX-lslNeYY1eyUaPNKLVB1QsznTPK8jSr_Z18pLVQsJlik

• 4 months later...
31 minutes ago, Dan said:

so I am into guns and 2nd amendment support, going to the range, getting ongoing training, etc, etc

the awesome thing is I have had my conceal carry permit for a year now,

I love carrying.

I’ve been waiting for COVID to die down, but want to get my conceal carry permit this year. Without getting into politics, the divide between the two sides and the growing extremism has me to the point where I bought a handgun after 10 years being gunless. I hope I never need it!

15 hours ago, Hogrider said:

I’ve been waiting for COVID to die down, but want to get my conceal carry permit this year. Without getting into politics, the divide between the two sides and the growing extremism has me to the point where I bought a handgun after 10 years being gunless. I hope I never need it!

these are mine

20211120_134658.jpg

We have a locker with several 22, a 410, a 12 gauge, and a 30-06. All long guns. Although a firm 2nd amendment supporter, I don't carry. I appreciate those that do. I was never any good with a hand gun and don't trust my own judgement in a situation where one might be useful. My tattoo artist carries, and I told her on first visit that it was appreciated and helped customers feel safer (unless they are snowflakes worried about the presence of firearms).

If ever called on for national defense, I feel the old Springfield (being a retired military weapon) is best suited.

• 1 month later...

The turn-out was awesome, the occasion shitty. End of an era, the Time Warp Tea Room closed after last Tuesday. Our vintage motorcycle club had their last meeting at the Time Warp but will move ~1/2 mile North to Twisters. Everyone really appreciates Dan and Peggy basically keeping it open one day a week for us since COVID started. The usual hoodlums showed up and terrorised the area.
1a86c1f52cb1b9254fed06f40a2ac264.jpgef61852e0e78965927c97932a342b5df.jpg545ee00452c16d0efef1ea635469a4a4.jpg67546fdc986d14360b2a8cab921cb839.jpg

• 1 year later...