Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

12393728_1308354442514342_1693263692_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE3NTcxNzMyODUyNzQ5MTM0MA%3D%3D.2

broke in my new dragon fist and finished backpiece for the Year of the Monkey lunar new year celebration with my Shaolin crew at good ol West Edmonton Mall. Also performed my broadsword form in public for the first time which I was jacked on.

12568837_929932803786884_1331482872_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE3OTk1MTE4ODE2OTY1NDgxNg%3D%3D.2

Some old chinese lady was loving all my tattoos, gave me her number and said to call her if i want her to sing for me LOL aw shucks

shout out to all my 1980s Iron Monkeys SOOOOOOOO W

Due to my now ex-job (got layed off Monday) I haven't been able to ride any MTB in over 6 years, Today, that changed!

Rode the Fisher Rig 29" single speed this morning in perfect weather. I had a blast!

Sometimes you just have to stop and look around, listen to the birds, and soak it all in. This is my ultimate medicine.

24353863554_35a1c9e9eb_z.jpg

I rode the Memorial Park XC trails (some of which I helped to build almost 30 years ago) and was saddened to see how many trees died from the drought a few years ago. I'd say about 35% are gone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Well, I finally quit my job of 9 1/2 years. Some may say that is stupid but the stress level was taking a toll on me. The last year was hell and not getting a raise in 4 years was eating away at me. Still living with my grandparents who have raised me, I have to take care of them. But when i'd get home, I wouldn't "de-stress" and would still be in a shitty mood, which isn't fair or nice to them.

I made plans to quit and had tons of back-up plans set up. Two of my back up plans actually worked. I got a full scholarship to grad school which I applied for back in March. So Now I work on campus 18 hours a week and get a small hourly wage but my tuition is 100% paid.

Also, my friend purchased a business and immediately had me work with her. We deliver drinks like soda or snapple in NYC twice a week. Starting out, I told her to pay me very very little just to get the ball moving in her court. After about 8 months, is when I'm going to start making some decent money.

all in all, I am working less hours. Making more money (in 8 months). Tuition is getting paid. Thursdays and weekends off. stress level is at zero. Started going to the gym more. I am emotionally on cloud 9.

UPDATE!!!!!

So I'm due to graduate in may with my Master's Degree. Just today i was offered a job to start in mid-april in the same department I work at. This is probably the best news. Downside is that my salary is terrible, but the benefits are amazing. Pension, free tuition for me and my wife (if i ever get married), 40% off tuition for my kids (if i ever have em), health insurance and a 401K. At 32, I think the benefits out weight the pay, especially since I have no bills at all. i was expecting to be jobless for the next two years so i paid off all my bills. Gas, car insurance, food and cell phone are the only bills I have, which are never going away.

I figure I take it because it's my foot in the door and it puts me in closer touch with people that could connect me with being an adjunct college professor. Being an adjunct professor was my goal after I got my masters degree while working at my old job. Now I can work both jobs in the same place.

Things are on the up and up. Now I just have to make my tattoo appointment for my back project. Once I start getting paid and I save up for 2 months, I will hit up my man to start.

Good things come to those who wait is definitely true in my book.

Managing $5M worth of construction and just wrapping up another $1M design. High voltage electrical projects. And to counterbalance that I just got the go ahead on a small contract to do engineered drawings for a new commercial space...for cosmetic tattooing. This is really amusing that I am overlapping my professional life and deviant lifestyle. Make dat green lol

• 2 weeks later...

Tons of fly fishin'. I hate being stuck in an office for 50-60 hours a week, so getting out every weekend is pretty much mandatory at this point in order for me to not lose it on the daily.

I recently got out with Mr. Chuck Ragan from HWM a couple times. I felt like a total fan boy/nerd.

also joined a great gym and getting back in shape since I'm getting married this year.

Looking forward to doing this for a few days!

412415254.jpg

We head down to the mountains of North Carolina - love to pound my Z3 through the twisty mountain roads. Here is my Z3 - a first-year model 1996. 20 years old this year and going strong.

412415262.jpg

This was taken about 10 years ago as we were making a run through The Tail of the Dragon - 318 significant curves in an 11 mile stretch. Heaven!

323136699.jpg