Advice for someone who is terrified of needles

Natveggie45

A little off topic, but if I had a dollar for every woman getting her first tattoo that told me that nothing could be as worse as giving birth to a child, well I would at least enough money to get drunk. I find it funny they would equate it with such an intense experience and usually let them know that it won't probably hurt that bad, unless you were on drugs, but either way it will be much cheaper in the long run and the tattoo will be relatively low matienence compared to children.

I have dealt with a few people like your friend and it really sucks. I am not sure how people psych themselves out about such a little thing. A good friend of mine says that people who can't handle tattoos probably have just never had to deal with any level of pain up to this point so they have no coping mechanism. I have seen him lay down the law to people and just tell them they need to be still in order for him to do his job and the more they move, the longer it will take. I watched that guy come in the next time and sit as still as a rock getting his collar bone and center of chest tattooed for 2 hours. In his case it was all mental, and he just needed a reality check.

UPDATE; tattoo not done but at least looking good. The threat of youtube worked. Me and 3 others laughing and drinking and reading the meanest posts worked as well. The skull is done and looks quite good! We will forget about the football.... He is proud, the artist is relieved and hopefully still a friend. As i am writing we are riding off. He has a bug bandage and a special gel, a foam, and God knows what that he bought for his new tat. But hey... Dont care. He is the biggest bear i have seen, but i dont think that the full sleeve he wanted at first will happen. Not with me anyways.... Lol

A little off topic, but if I had a dollar for every woman getting her first tattoo that told me that nothing could be as worse as giving birth to a child, well I would at least enough money to get drunk. I find it funny they would equate it with such an intense experience and usually let them know that it won't probably hurt that bad, unless you were on drugs, but either way it will be much cheaper in the long run and the tattoo will be relatively low matienence compared to children.

It's probably not equating it...just comparing different types of pain. Most of us probably have a general pain scale of 1-10. Once a woman has a baby, she realizes the pain scale actually goes up to 100 (panic inducing levels). So, to get your first tattoo after you've already had a baby...should be nothin. Totally different? Yes. But not as painful. And you are right--cheaper and much lower maintenance!!! I can also imagine that it would be annoying to keep hearing that. Like you care. Note to self: don't say that at my appointment tomorrow. Don't worry, I wasn't planning on it. Not going to talk about having a baby and I'm not planning on doing any whining either.