Angry women vent on "tramp stamp Barbie"

dari

Apparently the Tattoo Barbie has caused quite an uproar on Amazon

'Little girls who are still small enough to be playing with dolls are too young to be thinking about whether Barbie should be sporting a sleeve of butterflies or simply have a "I am owned by a man" tramp stamp on her butt..... Mattel could follow up with Litigation Barbie who represents a sorority house full of young women who got HIV by going to cheap Miami tattoo parlor on spring break."

BTW, Barbara, were you the inspiration for this doll?

http://www.amazon.com/Mattel-N4758-Totally-Stylin-Tattoos/dp/B001NXO1YE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290294461&sr=8-1

some of these people are imbeciles with their comments. to be honest, surely theres more wrong with what barbie represents? i only ever owned one when i was a child only cos one of my mom's friend thought id want one for my birthday. i cut off all her hair straight away. stick on tattoos are the least of those people's troubles!

Yeah, there might be a few things wrong with Barbie, but there's even more wrong with people who think that Barbie could possibly be a healthy and wholesome role model for little girls. I've read that according to the proportions of her head, as a real life sized human she'd be over 7 ft tall, her neck would be twice the size of most humans, her measurements would be 39-23-33, and the poor thing would actually have to walk on all fours to get around. At least there's some personal choice involved in deciding where to apply the tattoos, as opposed to wishing for a freakishly unattainable figure. I like the comments about how this Barbie is inappropriate because the little girls will be deciding which body parts to show off. I saw this Barbie in Target not so long ago, what's she teaching?

Apparently the Tattoo Barbie has caused quite an uproar on Amazon

'Little girls who are still small enough to be playing with dolls are too young to be thinking about whether Barbie should be sporting a sleeve of butterflies or simply have a "I am owned by a man" tramp stamp on her butt..... Mattel could follow up with Litigation Barbie who represents a sorority house full of young women who got HIV by going to cheap Miami tattoo parlor on spring break."

BTW, Barbara, were you the inspiration for this doll?

http://www.amazon.com/Mattel-N4758-Totally-Stylin-Tattoos/dp/B001NXO1YE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290294461&sr=8-1

Dari was I the inspiration? No, I invented it! Next is Sorostitute Barbie and then Eating Disorder Barbie. They will make great stocking stuffers!

• 8 months later...

you ladies,women, gals, ok ,you get it .,are truly funny . Im from the Sf bay ,born n raised, I now live in the deep south. I want them to make Bipolar split persona Barbie. I love these women. hehe, I played with GI Joe as a kid . I didnt join the military, I was a vegetarian for 10 yrs, I love to cook, I like romance films. the Pop guns you play with as a kid dont make you a killer. Im sure some of the greatest designers of fashion , military personel, scientists, you get it, played with barbie. I never had children , but i know. crushing children , by restricting what toys they " can " play with is narrowminded. I bet Helen Gurley Brown had a barbie. Gloria Steinham?

How about I've got 5 kids all by different men and am on welfare barbie? Cause that seems to be the actual fate of most of the teeny bopper sluts I knew when I was that age.

I can kind of understand a doll with tattoos. Only because there's so many heavily tattooed parents these days. I'm sure if I had a 5 year old she'd probably wonder why mommy and daddy are covered in tattoos and would maybe want to put them on her doll or herself. I have a very young cousin (around 8 now i think) and she has always been very interested in tattoos, since before she could even speak. Her parents don't have tattoos so I don't even know where she got it from. I can remember her being just old enough to crawl and already trying to pick and rub my tattoos to see what it was.

I can kind of understand a doll with tattoos. Only because there's so many heavily tattooed parents these days. I'm sure if I had a 5 year old she'd probably wonder why mommy and daddy are covered in tattoos and would maybe want to put them on her doll or herself.

When our daughter was born, I cut the cord and they put her on my wife's chest. I swear she was staring at the birdies on my wife' arm (put there by our own Scott Sylvia). Probably wondering how he got those lines so solid. She just turned two and she's always faking an injury so that she can put a Sesame Street band-aid on it. She'll say, "Oh, I got a boo-boo. I need a tattoo!" She loves to pick out different things on us, too. "Where's Daddy's tigers? Oh, that's a snake! That's your dragon."

My wife's step-mom was visiting a few months ago and our daughter snuck up behind her and lifted her shirt, hoping to find some tattoos like Mama has. No such luck. I bet that when she grows up, she'll think tattoos are lame because her parents have them.

My wife's step-mom was visiting a few months ago and our daughter snuck up behind her and lifted her shirt, hoping to find some tattoos like Mama has. No such luck.

HAHAHAHA that's hilarious!

I know a lot of people have said it before and I agree - The next generation or two will likely (hopefully) think tattoos are stupid and for old people like their parents and grandparents. It'll put the hundreds of fake tattooers out of business and bring the art back home I hope. There's always going to be people who are getting tattooed but it will be nice to not have shitty soccer mom and her 16 year old coming to get tattoos.

It's just a Barbie girls can put stickers on. Some people sure like to get pissed off for no reason. When I was a kid my sister and cousins and I played Salem Witch Trials with our Barbies. I guess they would have to be witches in order to look like that.

There's always going to be people who are getting tattooed but it will be nice to not have shitty soccer mom and her 16 year old coming to get tattoos.

why? why are soccer moms not "cool" enough to get tattooed? tattoos are for everyone, and should be accessible to any adult wanting one. i hate this sort of elitism in tattooers. my "normal" clients, half the time, are way cooler/better people than "tattoo dudes".

tattooing is not something that only "hip" people are entitled to, it belongs to all humanity, always has. it burns me up when tattooers talk like this.

oh, and people have said for decades how h next generation will shun tattoos cuz their parents have them. bullshit. humans tattoo themselves, it's in us. and it's not a matter of "coolness", or rebelling against your parents (at least not forever). we all go through a "i hate my parents" phase, but the smart ones always wise up and realize our parents were right and are the best people ever.

our shop is 40 years old, we tattoo kids who's parents got tattooed here back in the 70's and 80's and it's always an honor.

Mario thats fantastic to be tattooing a second generation . For whats its worth seeing tattoo magazines and pictures has shown my eldest daughter that men and women come in a variety of shapes and sizes and that women can be successful business people and artists.

oh, and people have said for decades how h next generation will shun tattoos cuz their parents have them. bullshit. humans tattoo themselves, it's in us. and it's not a matter of "coolness", or rebelling against your parents (at least not forever). we all go through a "i hate my parents" phase, but the smart ones always wise up and realize our parents were right and are the best people ever.

our shop is 40 years old, we tattoo kids who's parents got tattooed here back in the 70's and 80's and it's always an honor.

I was joking in my post, Mario, but I'm glad to hear that you're tattooing second generations. Chris Brand told me that people come into GTC all the time and say, "Jack tattooed my dad 30 years ago. Can I get a senorita on me, too?" Two generations of Jack Rudy cholas. How cool is that?

First off - I'm not a tattooer.

Secondly - I never said anyone deserved a tattoo more than anyone else.

The reason there's so many shitty shops out there ruining people's skin by putting horrible work on them is because all these people think tattoos are cool now so there's a demand that keeps all those hacks working. You can blame it on the t.v. shows making it popular but the bottom line is everyone and their grandma is getting tattoos done now. I don't think people who just think it's a cool fashion thing to do because they saw it on t.v. should be getting tattoos. It has nothing to do with not deserving it, it has to do with the fact that most of them haven't really thought it through. The younger ones especially don't really get that it's there forever. That it will effect your life, especially if it's visible with clothes on.

If you want to spend your day tattooing 16 year old girls who can't sit still and start bawling and freaking out over a 15 minute kanji then that's your business, but I know a lot of people who will be glad when that's over.

Yes, I know every tattooer has started making more and more money since these people started getting tattooed but sometimes the $50 or $60 you get out of a kanji isn't worth the hour and half battle it takes to do what should be a 30 minute process.

Like I said, there will always be people who get tattooed (including some who's parents have tattoos). For me and many I know it will be nice when every single asshole with a t.v. set stops coming in the shop to see who has the cheapest price for their totally untattooable idea that they refuse to waver from.

When I can go to the beach without long sleeve and pants and not have 10 people tell me all about their friend who has a tattoo I will be happy.

When our daughter was born, I cut the cord and they put her on my wife's chest. I swear she was staring at the birdies on my wife' arm (put there by our own Scott Sylvia). Probably wondering how he got those lines so solid. She just turned two and she's always faking an injury so that she can put a Sesame Street band-aid on it. She'll say, "Oh, I got a boo-boo. I need a tattoo!" She loves to pick out different things on us, too. "Where's Daddy's tigers? Oh, that's a snake! That's your dragon."

thats awesome my daughter does the same... but when she first took real true notice of them she took a pampers wipe and tryed to clean them off... now its all day long "daddy i need tattoos"

sorry to get off topic people and correct me if im wrong but werent men getting "tramp stamps" way before woman?

Funny my son could care less about my tattoos, but he is always attacking the strawberries on my wife's shoulder and the lil stinky on her leg so he must just be selective. He is only 8 months so I'm sure he will notice mine soon. But needless to say I probably won't by him a doll with tattoos.

You know I would agree it gets annoying at times when people who really don't have any interest in being tattooed ask you a million questions just to satisfy their curiosity or tell you about their friend who has a tattoo or wants a tattoo or can spell the word tattoo, but I also remember not that long ago i was the kid coming into the shop not knowing shit about shit and probably annoyed a few people along the way.

People get the tattoos they deserve and that is enough satisfaction for me.

Y'know, I couldn't agree more with you, David. I'm sure I was a right annoying little pleb not even too long ago when I started getting tattooed! I mean, yeah, it's really annoying when people ask stupid questions and tell you about stuff you don't care about, but those people were probably going to annoy you about something else if you weren't tattooed.

Getting back to the Barbie doll, I think it's cool, to be honest. Kids love tattoos, just look at how nuts they go over the transfers in bubblegum. I worked in a nursery for a couple of months last year, and the kids really loved my tattoos. On the last day, we even got some face paints and gave the kids their own "tattoos"! Obviously you have to ask parents about that kind of thing first, in case someone's allergic to the paint, and they told me they thought it was absolutely fantastic, and really funny! I did a lot of mom "tattoos" that day, haha.