swollen for more then a year

rue crough

hey, im rue, i got my second tattoo about a year and a half ago down my rib cage. Its Red gladeuola flowers with the word strengh at the bottom. Ever since i got it its been swollen mostly at the bottom. It makes me look like i have "love handles" on my one side. what could this be? and how can i fix it. PS iv been to my doc and she had no idea, and working out doesnt help. seeing as im only 95 pounds to begin with.

First off have you spoken to your tattooer?

For anything tattoo related, in my experience anyway, the medical profession are a waste of time. Unless the tattoo is infected.

Tattoos can raise up and itch even years later. I have even heard that some people have a reaction to red ink.

• 4 weeks later...

you should talk to your tattoo artist first. the problem i see is that a lot of people are alergic to red due to all red (tattoo pigment, paint,ect) is all based on shell fish for the red. if you are alergic to see food such as shell fish you shouldnt get tattoos with red in them. red body paint or use of iodine are also good clues that you would be alergic to the red. the issue u will have is your body will continue to try to reject the color till its gone. you could use lazer treatment to speed this up. its not an infected tattoo its an alergy to the pigment. but you should speak to the person who did the tattoo.

Pictures would help greatly

I had issues with an a skin condition I didn't even know I had. Almost thought I had a pigment allergy. the chances of an allergy are very very small though. My guess is that it isn't an allergy.

As Slayer said, If we can see pictures...advice can be given.