5 posts in this topic

Hi folks. Name's Aahzz. I'm a father, husband, guitarist, and IT guy living in the Cincinnati area. Got my first ink about a month ago, am scheduled for piece number two this coming Friday...and have been enjoying poking 'round the net at a variety of tattoo-related sites :).

Looking forward to hanging out here, and will post pics here's number one, 3.5 weeks healed....

tat3.jpg

hey ahhzz, welcome to the forum.

can you tell us the back story behind your piece? any special menaing...i love hearing about stuff like that.

Hi Tammy, thanks for the welcome.

I am influenced by a variety of Pagan traditions, so I designed this as a symbol to encompass several. The "Tree of Life" can be traced to Celtic, Norse, and Kabbalah, among others. The Ankh incorprates the Egyptian, as the symbol of eternal life. The Pentagram also comes from a variety of traditions, and can symbolize protection, health, and spirit as well.

The tulip is for my late father, who loved tulips.

hi aahzz

Welcome to the forum, i hope you enjoy the site as much as i have! theres a lot of great information on this site, and we all look forward to your input!

Thanks for joining in on not only the site but jumping right into the various tattoo forums and sharing tattoo pictures with stories. Look forward to mor eform you.

Until then.....

Lochlan

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts

• Question about 'what makes a good tattoo'. Traditional tattoos are intentionally quite flat. However, I really like the effect of depth and dimension. However, it would seem that the detail required for this would not hold very well? It requires shadowing, I suppose and quite subtle gradations in shading. How do people feel about 3-D, for instance? I am thinking of an Enid Blyton themed far away tree and was considering a particular artist who does 'illustrative' tattoos - however - I'm looking at the portfolio and noticing that there is not much depth to the images. But does 'depth' really work on skin? I'v only seen online images so I was wondering IRL...
    • Hey, I don't know much about tattoos and need advice.  I have my eyebrows and ribs tattooed. I was told by both tattoo artists that my skin is very unusual and doesn't hold ink well haha. You can let me know if thats a real thing.  I got my ribs tattooed in a couple hours on a road trip (...) and the tattoo is patchy blue, purple, and red(ish) with no black. The artist kinda rushed at the end because he was really pervy and could tell I was getting upset. I'm not sure if I should get it outlined or expand on it or cover it up or what?    Also, I encourage anyone who fills in their eyebrows daily to get them tattooed... I'm so happy with how natural and full they turned out. 
    • @DJDeepFried well one needs to make an appointment for a consultation. Like that is done by phone or messenger or going in to schedule it. Then the consultation involves discussing what you want and then after the consultation I made an appointment for in a year which is the soonest I could get (they did inform me of that before the consultation, so it wasn't like they sprung it on me). So - why not just make the appointment for the consultation in a year's time, a week or so before having the actual work done? I guess its to get the deposit to make sure one actually comes for the appointment - after all, the chances of changing ones mind in the interim are quite high, and it would be awkward to ask for a deposit without even having a discussion...
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics