New addiction; piercings

Natveggie45

Dh and i are addicted to tattos; we are getting new ones again for our birthdays next month. And now, since at the shop, his wife certified in piercings, guess what we started??????? Anyone else have piercings? And if not too personal, where???? So far, nose and ears...

I think the only issue I would see with getting a piercing, (theoretically) is generally the tattoo shops that do piercings out here are places I wouldn't get tattooed and with having zero knowledge of piercing don't think I could trust their expertise on the matter. I know there used to be a few places that just did piercings but they have since expanded to start doing tattoos which kind of rubs people the wrong way because people feel that tattooing is just an afterthought and really its a money issue not a quality issue. There are top tattoo shops across the country, world whatever that do piercing (Chicago Tattoo and NY ADORNED, come to my mind first) but maybe it's just different on the west coast.

I also am not trying to be a dick, and I often wonder about the dynamic of this relationship and how people feel, but just never really knew how to word it and still not sure if I can fully explain it or understand it myself.

But I think people should do what they want whether it is piercing or tattoos,or whatever they think up next.

Very sorry i started a thread that offended some people... Dick, is it? Btw, just dont answer if you are not pleased with the topic. This is for the random forum posts; being French i might be confused by your expertise..., i do not understand all your big words... And yes by nature i am obnoxious, before you even say so. So 1997...wow. Quite a comeback...

BMEZine.com and Modblog... Best places online for piercers...

Agreed, BME is the best source for piercing and other stuff

Good for you, but, wow. Last Sparrow Piercing.

This feels like usenet in 1997. Sorry.

There are plenty of places online for this stuff, but nowhere else other than Last Sparrow for serious tattoo talk.

Yeah, I'm a dick.

I have to say I have not heard usenet being brought up for quite some time now. (I still use it haha)

David.... Unless you go by the name of Stewart you did not offend me one little bit. I actually liked what you wrote.... You express your opinions quite well ( which i admire since i am trying to learn the language and all..). My artist does the tattoos, his wife the piercings. Very talented people. Scary a little, but they laugh at my accent and make me repeat things all the time. Merde....

If we can have topics on food, weight lifting, music and "random pictures", I don't see how one thread on piercings is gonna do any harm.

On topic, my personal perspective is that I've had piercings in the past, but I get sick of "babying" them - having to clean them meticulously when they get gunked up, making sure I don't lose any bits of the jewellery that might come undone, being careful at shows so they don't get bumped/ripped out - tattoos are only annoying for a week or so while they heal, piercings are annoying forever :P

I have to admit that I've wanted my septum pierced for about 5 years now. I know it's trendy, but I like how it looks. I was thinking I might get it done by my birthday or with my first paycheck from my new job. It's hard to set that money aside though when there's sooo many good tattoos to get out there...

If we can have topics on food, weight lifting, music and "random pictures", I don't see how one thread on piercings is gonna do any harm.

Because people want to posture about how crusty and old school they are?

I have a friend who's main source of income is suturing up the huge stretched lobe piercings on tattooers who want to talk shit about piercing.

I've had technically 7 piercings, 2 were repeats. I went to a piercing shop for my ear lobes and 1st round of nipple piercings, two different piercers and unfortunately my ears were the only ones that lasted. My upper ear was pierced at a shop in the mall and was lost in a house fire (pulled off my scba and hood and the earring along with them)

My second round of nip piercings was done at a tattoo shop, and rather properly. I've had them now for 2 years with out any issues.

Unfortunately I can no longer gauge my ears due to my line of work, nor can I have the upper ear once I start the police academy. So the only collection I can make bigger is my tattoos.

Unfortunately I can no longer gauge my ears due to my line of work, nor can I have the upper ear once I start the police academy. So the only collection I can make bigger is my tattoos.

I know this struggle.

I have a friend who's main source of income is suturing up the huge stretched lobe piercings on tattooers who want to talk shit about piercing.

I would have been one of those people getting their ears stitched up if I hadn't gotten a nasty outcome from trying to stretch my ears. Never figured out what went wrong but it wasn't fun. Still got the scar tissue and continuing issues every once in awhile. I know a few people that underwent the cut and stitch. A ton of my old friends stretched to pretty big sizes (over 1.5")

Before I started gauging mine, I watched a guy get his ears (i kid you not) pierced and stretched right on the spot to about an 6 or 4.... Hell no. I got to a 6 myself, and just gradually went in reverse and now im down to normal earrings and you can't even tell.

I couldn't imaging having to go through getting cut and stitched.. *shiver* ow.

Before I started gauging mine, I watched a guy get his ears (i kid you not) pierced and stretched right on the spot to about an 6 or 4.... Hell no. I got to a 6 myself, and just gradually went in reverse and now im down to normal earrings and you can't even tell.

I couldn't imaging having to go through getting cut and stitched.. *shiver* ow.

haha yea my roommate in college got his punched out to a decent size then gauged up a size or two at the same time.

I joined this forum because people are open minded and don't judge. Get a grip, and just don't read the thread. Just saying.... Man, feel like i'm talking to my 15 year old....

I joined this forum because people are open minded and don't judge. Get a grip, and just don't read the thread. Just saying.... Man, feel like i'm talking to my 15 year old....

Was that directed to me?

I'm all about people taking about piercings. Or movies. Or cooking. If that was directed to me I'm not sure I get it. If it wasn't.... Agreed.