I know there are probably more than enough people out there with their favorite sports team logo tattooed on their biceps but has anyone ever seen classy ones? I would love to see some creative traditional style sports tattoos. Here are some examples of what I am NOT talking about for all of us to laugh at:

Tribal-red-sox-tattoo.jpg

sports_tattoos_16.jpg

20120710-135600.jpg

baseball-player-site-trad.jpg

this is by zach nelligan. straight up team logos are lame, but I’m totally down with a tattoo like this one. Zach also posted another baseball tattoo with the diamond and some other things incorporated. It was really awesome.

I love baseball-grew up playing it-so at some point I know that I’d like to get a baseball related tattoo.

edit-the one thing i don't like about this tattoo is the mustacheod gentleman. i really don't like the whole 1800s/1900s gentleman with mustache designs, but this is still an awesome sports tattoo. if i'd have gotten this, the dude just wouldn't have the mustache.

this is by zach nelligan. straight up team logos are lame, but I’m totally down with a tattoo like this one. Zach also posted another baseball tattoo with the diamond and some other things incorporated. It was really awesome.

I love baseball-grew up playing it-so at some point I know that I’d like to get a baseball related tattoo.

edit-the one thing i don't like about this tattoo is the mustacheod gentleman. i really don't like the whole 1800s/1900s gentleman with mustache designs, but this is still an awesome sports tattoo. if i'd have gotten this, the dude just wouldn't have the mustache.

I'm with you on this one. I like this tattoo, but anything with someone else's logo is lame.

This is what I was thinking about, I agree with you on the moustache. I would never get a logo but a lot of sports team mascots are good tattoo subjects, tigers, bears, etc.

Wow, love that baseball tattoo!

I'm a huge football (soccer) fan but i would never consider getting a team badge/crest tattooed on my body. Having said that, the badge for my favourite club (Arsenal) is an old style cannon, which i think would make quite a nice tattoo if done in a traditional style.

Liverpool-themed tattoo by Ross Nagle, might be the sort of thing the OP was talking about being possible (i.e a trad take on it).

5c9ff91eacac11e1bf341231380f8a12_7.jpg

I like some of the boxing tattoos floating around from the likes of Xam etc.

This is one is a BKB (bare knuckle boxing) one by Chris Smith, Chicago. Guess it's about the symbolism or idea of what the sport represents more than the sport itself, but it still qualifies, right?

It's kind of like beer logos. I started out thinking I was going to get a whole leg of beer logos tattooed on me, I ended up with 2 that made pretty good tattoos and after seeing how bad some others have turned out decided to fill up my leg with traditional stuff instead. Attached are the two tattoos I ended up getting, done by Ross Ferrie and Mike Volkakis respectfully. Check out the link some bad stuff going on..

CraftBeer.com | Vote for the Top Ten Tattoos of Craft Beer

adam warmerdam did a really cool LA based off of the dodgers logo. i consider myself the biggest NY giants fan so ive always wanted the giants NY, but never just the ny in stupid block red lettering cause it would stick out like a sore thumb from all the stuff i have. I am for sure getting it though now based off adams LA. i told myself at the beginning of the season last year i would get it the next time we won and we all know who won last year!!!. its going to be soon that i get it.