"New" Blue tattoo turning brown!!

kdhenry2010

Some of the inks in my tattoos will change in colour depending on the season, how much sun I'm getting and my body temperature.

I have a bird that is white as snow in the winter and i get a golden bird in the summer. I wouldn't sweat it, your tattoo looks great now post-healing and a tattoo is going to look even better after it's aged a bit.

It's easy to obsess about the details in our tattoos. It's the small imperfections that make each tattoo awesome.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I don't really mind it, I was just surprised that it has already started changing so much within a few months. I'll wait a while to see if it continues to change then I'll prob get it touched up. I specifically told my artist to not use white ink because I heard it could turn brown but oh well lol

Thank you, @G.Uristti, for offering your professional opinion. One of my favorite things about LST is that we have professional tattooers who offer their insights. It sets this community apart.

youre very welcome. i dont see the point at this day in age at keeping secrets. especially when it comes to settling a client at ease and maybe help out a fellow tattooer who might not have that insight on a topic

Thanks for the replies everyone. I don't really mind it, I was just surprised that it has already started changing so much within a few months. I'll wait a while to see if it continues to change then I'll prob get it touched up. I specifically told my artist to not use white ink because I heard it could turn brown but oh well lol

the problem isnt white neccesarily. there are many factors white being just one of them. going back over it will solve the problem. from the looks of your tattoo, whom ever tattooed you is a competent tattooer and it might be a bit insulting to tell him/her how to do there job. youre seemingly in good hands so let the tattooer sort it out,its his/her work as much as it is yours

@G.Uristti is right, if you are bummed about the color get it touched up. I did on one of my blues about 6 months after the original work. Additionally, I've heard of white yellowing, though this seems more of if sun hits it. I have white on one of mine that has stayed true for 18 years. It gets zero sun though so that is why I am sure it has maintained its color. Personally, I like the color it is going as it accentuates the yellows and greens in the stems. Doesn't look brown to me.

@G.Uristti is right, if you are bummed about the color get it touched up. I did on one of my blues about 6 months after the original work. Additionally, I've heard of white yellowing, though this seems more of if sun hits it. I have white on one of mine that has stayed true for 18 years. It gets zero sun though so that is why I am sure it has maintained its color. Personally, I like the color it is going as it accentuates the yellows and greens in the stems. Doesn't look brown to me.

you made me think of the fact that its looks brownish next to the original photo. iv told clients in the past to "stop looking at your tatto from two inches away. were social creatures and tattoos are normally viewed at arms length... i.e. like when we look at eachother while talking"

it really seems like you're over-thinking it a little bit. 4 months in, it's become a part of your body, and everyone's body has minor visible flaws. tattoo ink doesn't float on the surface of your skin, it's between layers, which means any color you see is viewed through a tinted window of your own skin tone. the pictures look fine to me! i agree with everyone else, you seem unhappy with it regardless, so go ahead and get it touched up! no reason not to.