Color selection for my dragon tattoo

Caine22

I just had a dragon tattoo and I asked for a gray wash to finish it up. The thing that bothers me the most is, the dragon does not shine as what I expected.

Because of that, I am now planning to get my dragon tattoo filled with bright colors to make it shine as it should be. I don't know what color to pick cause

I have a medium toned skin. So if anyone there who have a colored tattoo and medium toned skin, who is willing to share their experience with me will be much

appreciated. A tattoo artist or a person who have vast knowledge about which color suits me best will be regarded as well. I will include pictures.

I have done that my friend and the first thing he asked me is "what color is in your mind?". I haven't fully decided yet so I am trying to narrow down my options with opinions and ideas from other people. I believe there are lots of tattooist on this forum lurking around :)

I don't remember off the top of my head, but this is your first tattoo right? Tattoos won't completely heal after they finish peeling. It takes a few months for the colors to settle. Just wait for like 3 months.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't remember off the top of my head, but this is your first tattoo right? Tattoos won't completely heal after they finish peeling. It takes a few months for the colors to settle. Just wait for like 3 months. Like @WeRnDoG said. You chose black and gray. I'm also not a Tattooer, but I don't think adding color will improve the look of your tattoo.

@Caine22 Look up pictures of dragons done by good artists - Horiyoshi 3, Shige, Leu, Mick...many more...

Determine what you like and take examples to your tattooer. He should be able to help from there. If he or she needs more than that, chances are you have the wrong artist for the job. Just my opinion...color can be very subjective and can be limited to what has already been done to the piece. (You likely won't be getting very vibrant colors in areas already shaded dark) However, an artist with experience doing this style will likely have a few classic color schemes that would work.

To be honest...I am tired of hand holding you through this dragon. You are a big boy, use your judgement and make a decision. We can't decide for you and a tattooer shouldn't decide for you. You got a tattoo that you felt like wasn't what you wanted right? Go to the fricking person who made the tattoo and talk to them for eff's sake.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest...I am tired of hand holding you through this dragon. You are a big boy, use your judgement and make a decision. We can't decide for you and a tattooer shouldn't decide for you. You got a tattoo that you felt like wasn't what you wanted right? Go to the fricking person who made the tattoo and talk to them for eff's sake.