New Albums Thread

Jake

Post links to streams, reviews, etc. here. Or you can talk about that new album you just picked up and love.

To start it off, here's a link to a stream of the new Social Distortion album "Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes." I know we've been discussing this band's upcoming tour in the Showlist Thread

Social Distortion "Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes" pre-release stream

Yeah, the lyrics seem really cheesy. I personally think "Machine Gun Blues" and "Still Alive" hold the CD up.

I have been listening to:

Sons of Perdition: "Psalms for the Spiritually Dead"

William Elliott Whitmore: "Hymns For The Hopeless" among all his other albums

A new Grace Ally song: Download Miliali (We Got Bored And We Got Stoned).mp3 from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Yeah, the lyrics seem really cheesy. I personally think "Machine Gun Blues" and "Still Alive" hold the CD up.

I have been listening to:

Sons of Perdition: "Psalms for the Spiritually Dead"

William Elliott Whitmore: "Hymns For The Hopeless" among all his other albums

A new Grace Ally song: Download Miliali (We Got Bored And We Got Stoned).mp3 from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

damnit D, you beat me to it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm really stoked for this record to come out... The 7 inch from this record is REALLY fucking good for a new school hardcore band. Bridge Nine needs to email mp3s to the preorder peeps already

On the same page they show the new Agnostic Front 7 inches as well. Awesome screened B sides!

]BRIDGE NINE RECORDS - Defeater and Agnostic Front Pre-Orders Launched (Finally!)MqjEAKs1V6.jpg

I have been listening to Jimmy Eat World - Static Prevails all this week. I cant believe how amazing this record was, and I'm sad I forgot about it.

Anyone have a favorite emo/post punk/legit scremo album?

sunny day real estate -how it feels to be something on, diary

mineral- end seranading

ihatemyself-3 song lp, 10 songs

cap n' jazz- analphabetapolotholgy

you know, the classics. (well 90's classics at least)

I'm really stoked for this record to come out... The 7 inch from this record is REALLY fucking good for a new school hardcore band. Bridge Nine needs to email mp3s to the preorder peeps already

On the same page they show the new Agnostic Front 7 inches as well. Awesome screened B sides!

]BRIDGE NINE RECORDS - Defeater and Agnostic Front Pre-Orders Launched (Finally!)MqjEAKs1V6.jpg

Nothing will ever compare to MLIW, but this comes close in some songs.

Witness is my personal favorite. That album just hits a nerve.

Fuck it. All their albums are amazing.

Yeah. That album is perfect. And I mean perfect as in

Amazing lyrics that I can compare with out hint of sarcasm to lyrics from people such as: Bruce Springsteen, Tom Waits, Nick Cave, fucking Neil Gaiman. Anyone who can write so much in so few words is someone to admire to

The neighbor boy is home from the war.

His father's pride...

It spills across the factory floor.

And Jimmy, in the paper, I saw you...

Holding that gun

And I read the interview about the 234 and the blood in the sand of an oil rich land.

While I was back home safe and clean.

John and Jimmy...

Say a prayer for us...

The passive sinners.

I bite my tongue.

I shake your hand.

Yeah, I'm still playing in that stupid band.

'Cause we all do what we gotta do, boys.

We're all doing whatever we can.

Just the perfect lenght. You just listen to it and press play again. And fuck, how many albums are there where the opening is as amazing as "The Outsiders (AKA Hell is for Heroes, Part 1)"

Fuck choruses.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ive been listening to Joey Kneiser's (Glossary) solo record he put out for free not too long ago called "All-Night Bedroom Revival"

you can download it free here Official news about the rock band Glossary from Murfreesboro, TN » Downloads

Bruised Ribs was covered by Ben Nichols the last few times I've seen Lucero and has been stuck in my head ever since.

Its good shit.

• 3 weeks later...