new to lst, came looking for some help

bbrraannddoonn

Hey all. New to LST, came desperately looking for some help. I live in Ithaca, NY and I recently got started on a half sleeve part of which was supposed to be a neural network in space. After spending a lot of time gathering pictures and thinking about the design I rushed in with an artist and am now regretting it like crazy. We got started on the color work yesterday and to me it looks too clownish, or too much like a University of Michigan emblem. There are a number of things I don't really like but the color scheme is number one. I feel like I need to find a new artist to finish up, and rework what they can. Is this even possible considering how far along it is? I am looking for suggestions on artists in the northeast US who might be able to do something. Someone preferably good in reworking/cover ups, color work, and experience with big fantasy/science themed pieces.

Also, I am looking for any suggestions or advice that is out there. The main neuron was originally a lighter teal color but we switched to blue unfortunately. (Teal shown below) What possible color scheme can I switch to in order to make my sleeve look less clownish?. I imagine its possible to go over the blue with something more organic, maybe the teal again?. Also, maybe do some shading to make it look better? Are there other ways to rework it? Maybe a coverup with some really dark biomechanical stuff? Does it really look that bad or is it in my head? Am I jumping the gun here considering it hasn't healed and the color hasn't been finished?

Anyway, clearly I'm freaking out a bit so any help will be immensely appreciated.

Upperarm_sleeve Personal Picture Picture

Bicep_sleeve Personal Picture Picture

Previousstage Personal Picture Picture

Welcome dude!

It's not as bad as I thought it'd be but this is one you can file under Difficult Subject Matter That's Not Super Tattooable. There's a way to make it work and it looks like whoever is tattooing you is trying their damndest. Not a tattooer myself but I've seen similar stuff with a space theme that's come out great but it's tough.. Looks like this dude bit off more than he can chew. I would wait before you do any more work on/around it.

Where are you located? We've got shop suggestions out the yinyang here..

@gougetheeyes - thanks for the response and the advice. I definitely agree the artist bit off more than he could chew. I have decided to wait and find the best possible artist to finish or do whatever they can. I live in Ithaca, NY so I guess places like Rochester and Syracuse would be closest to me. NYC and Philadelphia are still within range though. I am definitely willing to make a drive.

• 5 months later...
@gougetheeyes - thanks for the response and the advice. I definitely agree the artist bit off more than he could chew. I have decided to wait and find the best possible artist to finish or do whatever they can. I live in Ithaca, NY so I guess places like Rochester and Syracuse would be closest to me. NYC and Philadelphia are still within range though. I am definitely willing to make a drive.

sorry for bumping an old thread, but, u may want to take a look at kyle proia or matt tyszka at tymeless tattoo in balwinsville, ny, a little northeast of syracuse. they both do nice realism. good luck

Edited by syracuse
misspelled name